HD cockpit textures?

CptCaveman

I was wondering if anyone knows of a set of quality cockpit textures (payware included if cheap)? Im getting a bit tired of the nasty 738 cockpit textures in FSX. With them only being 1024 size, on my screens they look terrible when stretched out to cover the interior model, with what is effectively 8 bit visuals in places.

I don't need a whole airplane, because I am very happy with TDS and SSp aircraft in of themselves. Just want a really good cockpit to complement them properly. When I say "HD" I mean like 4096 textures, or similar. Basically something that doesn't look like its from Mario on the Snes would be great!

Cheers!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah thanks but I already have the Rojas cockpit. The actual pit textures is all I am really after. Dials and so forth are fine. The first one is just the default texture with increased sharpness, its something I have already done to the textures, including rebalancing the contrast.

As I said I am after an HD texture package or upgrade.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Haven't seen one of those on any payware site, and I go to quite a lot :rolleyes:

Any reason in particular not to get the NGX? You might even get more than you expect. I mean, freeware is nice and often very good, but still it cannot match the HQ addons.

Well the main reason is its simply too expensive for just one aircraft for my taste. I have already sunk £200 in to FSX in the last few weeks on terrain and weather payware. I dont mind that because its a universal upgrade, the entire game is improved by them. But the NGX from PDMG just isnt value for money at its current price, in my opinion.

Plus I hate that stupid heads-up display it has.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well the main reason is its simply too expensive for just one aircraft for my taste. I have already sunk £200 in to FSX in the last few weeks on terrain and weather payware. I dont mind that because its a universal upgrade, the entire game is improved by them. But the NGX from PDMG just isnt value for money at its current price, in my opinion.

It does make it feel like a new sim though.. IE: it uses it's own engine routines, etc,

and it's a day/night difference as far as performance accuracy. Not cheap I suppose,

but when you consider that the airplane is the most important part of a flight sim, I

don't think it's too bad a deal. I've been flying it for four years now, so I guess that's

about $25 a year for the first four. "I think I paid about $95 or so for all four versions."

To me, it's some of the best $$$ I've thrown at my sim rig so far, being as the default

and most freeware 737's are quite lame and unrealistic as far as systems.

Myself, I like the HGS.. But I'm an artificial SWA buoy, and all SWA jets have the HGS.

I can hand fly a zero vis landing using it. And it's great for visuals where you have

crosswinds, etc.

But I suppose not for everyone. It can be flipped up out of the way when not in use.

I only use it for takeoffs and landings. Or you can set the plane to not have it at all.

Many companies don't use em..

And there is also the ifly 737's. I like the PMDG graphics better, but the ifly plane

does seem to be fairly accurate as far as systems. It also has the HGS, but it's

not a collimated display like the PMDG version.

That depends entirely on your requirements. The price for the NGX as a product is definitely justified, no two ways about it. If it is worth that kind of money to you is a completely different matter. If you do not care much about accuracy, visuals, depth of simulation or documentation you won't get much out of it. But if you want an addon where the term "simulation" actually is justified and you want to do the whole checklist and procedures shebang, you cannot squeeze past her just like that.

Btw. as MBKHOU wrote, practically any part you don't like you can remove. You get whole livery packages specific for certain airlines, where there is no HUD and very different EFIS instruments (not all 737s are alike, every airline gets their individual setup they pay for - and the NGX reflects these options)

T. But if you want an addon where the term "simulation" actually is justified and you want to do the whole checklist and procedures shebang, you cannot squeeze past her just like that.

That is entirely the point I made earlier though. I do not want another aircraft. I am simply after a nice cockpit for my existing aircraft.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived