Help - Advice on ForceFeedback 2 Joystick Operation Needed

Hi everyone. I've recently bought a ForceFeedback 2 joystick for my FS2004 simulator to provide a better experience with flying. I bought the joystick off eBay, where it was described as 'used but fully functional'. It has installed OK and it appears to be functioning well except for one issue which concerns me. In moving the joystick over its full range between fully forward and fully back the stick appears to encounter 4 points of resistance where you have to exert slightly more pull (or push if moving it forward) and the stick then jumps suddenly causing a jump in 'pitch up' attitude of the airplane. In particular the last sticking point causes a sudden pitch up of 10 deg when flaring, leading to a very messy landing. There must be hundreds of users of this joystick out there and I'd be grateful if any of you could advise me whether this is a normal feature for this joystick or not. Your help would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks. Ken

• 2 weeks later...
Hi everyone. I've recently bought a ForceFeedback 2 joystick for my FS2004 simulator to provide a better experience with flying. I bought the joystick off eBay, where it was described as 'used but fully functional'. It has installed OK and it appears to be functioning well except for one issue which concerns me. In moving the joystick over its full range between fully forward and fully back the stick appears to encounter 4 points of resistance where you have to exert slightly more pull (or push if moving it forward) and the stick then jumps suddenly causing a jump in 'pitch up' attitude of the airplane. In particular the last sticking point causes a sudden pitch up of 10 deg when flaring, leading to a very messy landing. There must be hundreds of users of this joystick out there and I'd be grateful if any of you could advise me whether this is a normal feature for this joystick or not. Your help would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks. Ken

1. When buying any joystick for FSX (or any game), always invest in brand new one; never a used one. These things age (gather wear-&-tear); you don't know how gentle or rough the previous owner was with the joystick.

2. My first choice of a force-feedback joystick for FSX would be Microsoft's "Sidewinder" while my second choice would be the single or dual unit forxe-feedback model from Saitek. My third choice would be any other brand...perhaps like Logitech force-feedback models.

Sent from my Samsung GT-I8262 using Tapatalk.

1. When buying any joystick for FSX (or any game), always invest in brand new one; never a used one. These things age (gather wear-&-tear); you don't know how gentle or rough the previous owner was with the joystick.

2. My first choice of a force-feedback joystick for FSX would be Microsoft's "Sidewinder" while my second choice would be the single or dual unit forxe-feedback model from Saitek. My third choice would be any other brand...perhaps like Logitech force-feedback models.

Sent from my Samsung GT-I8262 using Tapatalk.

I agree your advice on trying to buy new - unfortunately it was the Microsoft forcefeedback joystick I was looking for and I understand that they stopped making these years ago, due to a patent dispute. I was not keen to use another makers joystick as I previously bought a new Saitek joystick to use with a previous version of Microsoft Flight Simulator (2000) and I had problems getting it to work with the simulator. As it turned out I was sure the Microsoft joystick I bought off eBay was not functioning as it should have done and I managed to return it to the buyer for a full refund. I have now bought another one off eBay, and this is in excellent condition. I appreciate you help and advice - thanks for replying to my request for help.

Archived