Giving myself newbie status on a Project Airbus

goldhawk

In fs9, I can fly a 737 airliner using a flight plan or just gps, to get from kmsy to kjax.

I can do it every time with no problem using auto pilot and 16x speed.

I put a project airbus jetblue in my p3d however and I can not fly that airliner on autopilot to destination for any thing to save my life. It never climbs to and maintains altitude and it does not track the gps course.

I guess screen pics would help but this is the best I can do for now. I select KSFO from KSEA take off heading north and engage auto throttle, that never seems to do anything. And I engage gps under NAV selection. I also hit the LOC button and I put in 1000 cimb rate with a desired altitude of 20,000. All I get is a plane that climbs too fast and falls to a stall speed. When pointing the nose down to gain some speed, I find the overspeed warning sound to be the most annoying of any plane I have ever tried. BUT>>>>> since auto throttle is not maintaining any sort of speed.....

I have no idea maybe this plane is just not suitable for p3d version 1.4.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

.::Gateway::. i5, 8GB Memory, 2gb Nvidia Video Card, Win7, FS9, FSX, P3D

Android User. Sometimes Ubuntu User.

projectairbus.jpg

Ok so as you might be able to see from this pic, auto pilot is not even coming closing to helping it maintain 19,100

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

.::Gateway::. i5, 8GB Memory, 2gb Nvidia Video Card, Win7, FS9, FSX, P3D

Android User. Sometimes Ubuntu User.

Unfortunately I don't know this particular addon, but a few things are obvious just the same:

1. The autopilot is not even in Alt capture mode, there is no indication on the left MFD. You probably have to left/right click the altitude select button or some clickspot to activate that one, and some indication has to show on the MFD. Same goes for heading and speed hold. Airbus does it like this: you select something by turning the knob on the MCP - then you push it to get "managed mode" (MCDU has to be set up correctly for that) or you pull it for "selected mode" (planes does what you selected in the window).

2. The autopilot obviously is in Localizer capture mode (LOC) - is that what you wanted?

3. The "autothrottle" in an Airbus works with thrust lever setting. There are detents when you advance the levers, the first one is CL(imb) setting, the second one Flex/MCT(derated takeoff) and the third one TO/GA("max"). When you take off, advancing the thrust levers should activate ATHR automatically. But A/THR is no speed hold unless you make it so as described in (1.) After takeoff you pull the thrust levers back into the CL detent and forget about them until the plane calls you a "retard, retard" shortly before touchdown :)

4. Airbus relies heavily on MCDU / FMC, not only route but performance data are very important. This seemingly has not been set up, is it not included in the model?

Just to expand on what nuitkati was saying about what should be displayed in the PFD when using the AP. Also keep in mind the Airbus is a llitle different in how to engage these features. Note the red dot on the knobs. Push there to change the state from off to on. The knobs will darken slightly when they are on.

A-321.JPG

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Archived