Will it ever be a user friendly situation?

goldhawk

I always thought the goal of developers was to make it easier on the end user. I am sure many of you might be like me that have been doing Windows installs since the days of win 95.

So many computer companies give you a set of restore disks that are just so much bloat ware.

I just feel that this rambling might help if anyone is going through a similar situation.

I have a relative that asked me to re install windows on a asus laptop and it has been a two day long proposition and I find that really ridiculous. I admit some fault. I had it plugged into a wall socket that got turned off by the light switch on that socket yesterday. This led to having to format the drive just to get the $%^&* bucket of bolts to even read the restore disks again.

I am just saying that I got a Dell XPS recently and wanted Win7 on it. That was a one dvd proposition. And then of course adding drivers. I also had to pay a 45 dollar license fee for the copy of win7 that I got off of the digital river mirror site.

So if anyone is looking for win7 you can try a google of "digital river mirror"

The only good news on that is it is a One (1) disk proposition and you have your OS back, to me that is so much better then feeding four disk into a system that take all day long to get done. Too bad I am not billing ten an hour to do it but I don't want to cut in on the Best Buy business.

So I think that might be useful information to anyone needing to down grade to seven. I did it mostly for compatibility issues with FSX boxed edition and because for a long time now I have been hoping to get some TAC Pack products. According to them they only work with Win7 and nothing beyond.

No offense against Best Buy but I will always miss CompUSA I think they were the best computer store ever maybe only with a close runner up if anyone remembers HeathKit.

Our local mall recently opened a Microsoft store and my one time going in there I found the one rep that was there to answer questions to be really sharp. They just KNEW things instead of offering to just google the question for me.

I went into Best Buy one time and never have had the question answered for me as to what the difference is between an i5 and i7 is. To the best of my knowledge they are both quad core. At any rate I guess if it really mattered to me I would research it one day. All I know is right now I can barely afford an i5 so I am not even worried about i7.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

.::Gateway::. i5, 8GB Memory, 2gb Nvidia Video Card, Win7, FS9, FSX, P3D

Android User. Sometimes Ubuntu User.

Archived