Timothy 737-200

kirker

It has happened twice and I feel horrible about it now.

I installed the 737-200 in the Steam FSX and after 15 seconds the engines cut off.

the rest of the planes now also have the same problem even the glider.

I then open my box FSX still the same problem as the Steam version, I removed both from my PC the first time

I don't want to do it a second time, can anyone tell me what can I do other than having to remove both sims.

Thanking you in advance.

Henry

DON'T save your default flight with that whatever 737-200 (which I suspect you did).

BTW. by "the glider" you mean the Ultralight I suppose? It's a long time since I flew the "real" glider, but I do remember one can't cut off it's engine, for obvious reasons :rolleyes:...

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

It is the Timothy 737-200 package.

I already deleted the file from my FSX and PC.

can't fly any of the planes now, the engines cuts off after a few minutes.

I also downloaded this package, it is beautiful, but I don't know who to contact to tell them about the problem.Boeing 737-200 Updated Multi Livery Package.

Thanks for your help.

Henry

What else did you do after you installed the 737? Did you change your default flight? Which one is the plane that is shown first thing on your "Free Flight" screen?

What happens if you press "CRTL+E" after the engines died? Do they relight?

And of course the obvious things: make sure you have enough fuel, that mixture is full rich and props are max (even if it isn't a prop). => once you are in the aircraft, press "CRTL + F4" and "CRTL+SHIFT+F4"

All this can be fixed with the default flight. Even if you do not fly that plane, it is important in which state the first things get loaded before you enter the "Free Flight" screen. If the plane in your default fight switched off fuel, mixture, etc. the plane you load next may inherit that state.

I downloaded and tried the 737-200 from the Simviation site. I saw nothing to do with "Timothy". It was the multi-livery updated pack as you indicated.

The aircraft folder was complete and no gauges or effects were necessary to put into FSX itself. I did a 1 hour flight from Buffalo Intl. to La Guardia, New York and had no engine shutdown.

Your problems were probably caused by something you changed and not this aircraft.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Mr Zippy,

What's the name of the file you found in Simviation? I have the one from Avsim. I got a problem with FS2Audio.dll not installed (whacked it probably by Win 10 when it took the reigns of my PC) but found it in my safety Vaults and installed it correctly. It works fine now. The panel is tricky cause it is not a default type one. If you stay in max power after take off, you will have a failure in the engines and they will shut down. But you probably know that.

Cheers,

http://simviation.com/1/browse-Civil+Jets-55-0

4th download on the page! And yes, you can bet your booty I don't use full power for takeoff or flying! 92% N1 takeoff and climb power till I engage autopilot and (autothrustlever-Keeping whatshisknuckle happy!). Technically speaking jets do not have throttles.

"Technically speaking jets do not have throttles." You hit philosophy right there. :)

Are we in the same page with TM, right?

Tim-1.jpg

TM-2.jpg

Your recommendation is still downloading... Free has become very slow these days, but still free nevertheless.

Cheers,

I'm so sorry, but I read in google that it could be my Flight Yoke, sure enough, I disconnected the Yoke and flew the plane with the keyboard for over 20 minutes without any problem, I then downloaded the CH control manager and calibrated the Yoke again.

I took the same plane and flew for another 20 minutes or so without a problem.

Thanks for all your help but it's something to keep in mind if anybody has that problem.

Now that I fixed the problem with the engines, I re-installed the Timothy 737-200 and

the planes are beautiful, but the panel doesn't show the gauges like I see in your picture.

Can you tell me how to install this panel, I don't understand where to place the fsfsconv

folder, go easy I'm fairly new to FSX, lol

Thank you.

You are absolutely right, let see if I can break it down for you, so you can understand better.

The 737-200 multy- livery pack is fine, everything works there, great package.

Now my problem is with the TinMouseII 737-200 package, I installed the folder in with no problem, started MSX and the planes are there, beautiful planes, very detail

my problem is now with the panel, it does not show the gauges, I read the instructions carefully but I don't quite understand how to set up this part, I'm going to paste it here and

see if you can help me. thanks for all your help.

7. Copy the \Aircraft\fsfsconv\panel.B732ADV folder to the FS9 \Aircraft\fsfsconv folder.

If \Aircraft\fsfsconv folder does not exist, create it. If the panel files are moved

to a different folder, the panel sounds will not work.

"If \Aircraft\fsfsconv folder does not exist, create it." This is the line that's killing you and all your joy.

Assuming you got "the TinMouseII 737-200 package" in a zip file, inside you got forder \fsfsconv, highlight it with your mouse or keyboard either way. Afterward COPY it and then go to your FS9\Aircraft open it and then do a PASTE. Two things will happen: if you already have the folder \fsfsconv Windows will ask you if you want to marge so you reply okay. If it is not there no problem cause Windows will copy it without asking anything.

If you do not know about CUT/COPY and PASTE? Google it. Good luck cause is easy as pie.

Cheers,

Assuming you got "the TinMouseII 737-200 package" in a zip file, inside you got folder \fsfsconv, highlight it with your mouse or keyboard either way. Afterward COPY it and then go to your FS9\Aircraft open it and then do a PASTE.

Cheers,

Shouldn't we stay in FSX since the OP is now using FSX?

I finally found the TinMouseII 737-200 multipack download. It's for FS2004 and I'll bet it uses some gauges from FS98 which will NOT show in FSX.

UPDATE:This aircraft will not work with the b732ADV panel in FSX. All of the gauges are black. You will need to substitute the default 737_800 panel instead.

The fsfsconv folder just contains the panel.b732ADV folder, and since it won't work in FSX, the point is moot!

Shouldn't we stay in FSX since the OP is now using FSX?

I would have thought so. But people are sneaky. I have been seeing FS9 questions in the FSX of Flightsim for two years or more now.

I got mine, TinMouseII, following the AVSIM forum (Freeware Support Forums) about it long ago. I think it is also here in the Library too.

Cheers,

I finally found the TinMouseII 737-200 multipack download. It's for FS2004 and I'll bet it uses some gauges from FS98 which will NOT show in FSX.

UPDATE:This aircraft will not work with the b732ADV panel in FSX. All of the gauges are black. You will need to substitute the default 737_800 panel instead.

The fsfsconv folder just contains the panel.b732ADV folder, and since it won't work in FSX, the point is moot!

Very wrong. I have a working Tinmouse II with the 732ADV panel in FSX.

I don't fly it anymore, 'cos of the lack of a VC. OTOH it has a fully working PDCS, which lots of payware versions lack.

Wim

Very wrong. I have a working Tinmouse II with the 732ADV panel in FSX.

I don't fly it anymore, 'cos of the lack of a VC. OTOH it has a fully working PDCS, which lots of payware versions lack.

Wim

Did you use the FS2004 TinMouse version? It only gave me black holes, no gauges. I will bet there are versions of the TinMouse with the b732ADV panel that have been converted to FSX use. I think this is what the OP needs.

This was the download used....tinmousesb732V2.zip from Simviation.

No, it was a quite lenghty process of base packages, upgrades, updates, patches etc etc... I would have been surprised (even envious ;)) if you'd managed to have it running in an instant.

Just wanted to point out that there is a version (but obviously not the one you downloaded) of the Tinmouse and it's panel that works in FSX.

Cheers ! (re: the Bordeaux and Cognac from the other thread)

Wim

You guys are the best at helping people, I'm fairly new at FSX and more familiar with 2004

Now I'm facing a new headache, I have the Box FSX installed, I also have the Steam version, here is the problem and I don't know what to do.

I installed the 737-200 package, it shows all the planes, no problem.

I then installed the Timothy 737-200 and no plane showed, I then copy that folder and dropped it the Steam version and all the planes were there from the Timothy package.

I just finished downloading the Indonesia 737-200, put it in the airplane folder in Steam it doesn't show, then I removed the timothy folder and it showed the Indonesia package.

How can I install all 3 airplanes in either FSX or Steam, all 3 packages are a little different, maybe it has to do with the folders being 737-200 but I don't know what to name it.

thanking everyone in advance.

Henry

Archived