757 freemium - can I make changes?

il88pp

Hi,:)

I just downloaded the 757 freemium. Not installed yet. Will do some reading first.

I found the article by Nels Anderson about it. He mentions the eyepoint could have been better chosen.

Can I make edits to the aircraft.cfg file? Like adjust the eyepoint.

Can I edit the panel.cfg file?

For example adding a popup panel, removing one, changing popup order, adding gauges to a panel/vc.

Or would that break licencing and cause the plane not to work any more?

I sort of rushed into this after reading a post about th 757, didn't plan it out.

Would be happy with your advice.:)

il88pp.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Usually, freeware you can change anything you want. You may NOT make changes and upload them to the sites for others to download, without author's permission, generally.

You also may NOT try to make money in any way off of the freeware.

Does that answer your question?

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

No worrys Pat;) no such intentions.:)

but as this is "Free payware" I thought there may be protection in place to stop people from changing the files in any way.

Thans MrZippy and DoubleJ, good to know that at least these relatively minor edits can be done.

I read in the other thread that someone even put the freemium 757 VC in another plane. In that case it really is very malleable.

No plans for that yet, but good to know.

Thanks guys. Saves me wading through the many threads on this.

Thanks much,:)

il88pp

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived