Dreamliner

BillD22

Here are a few shots of a Boeing 787-8 "Dreamliner" showing off some of the new high technology features of the airplane.

This is the payware Aerosim 787 for FSX/P3D. [Click on the images for a full screen view]

A large part of the 787 structure is made of lightweight composite materials making for greater fuel economy

787.jpg

This shot shows the distinctive "upsweep" design of the 787's wings. The curvature allows more flex in the wing and gives a smoother ride in turbulence

7872.jpg

The curved wingtip and scalloped fairing on the rear of the engine nacelles reduce drag to further increase fuel efficiency

wing.jpg

wing2.jpg

This overhead shot of the VC shows the dual Captain and F/O Head Up Displays (HUDs) as well as the clean cockpit layout

d1.jpg

Four large segmented MFD's make up the main panel

d2.jpg

Flight info displayed on the Captain's HUD. The airplane is climbing to 38,000 feet on a heading of 357 at 1700 fpm and airspeed is increasing to the commanded 250 knots. We're approaching 18,000 feet so its time to switch the altimeter setting to 29.92 from the current 29.98

hud.jpg

Very nice indeed-despite the fact the Dreamliner isn't my favourite airplane (I like it more than the 737 or A320).

I have never seen a review of this airplane etc. Is it a good addon?

My Blog:http://thebadpilotsblog.blogspot.com/ My PC: i7-3970X up to 4.0GHz, Gigabyte GTX970 OC, Asus X79 Rampage IV Extreme, Kingston HyperX Beast XMP 16GB, Samsung 850 PRO 256GB SSD, Western Digital Black 2TB, Noctua NH-D15, Thermaltake SE Smart 630W, Cooler Master CM690 III, Windows 10.

Very nice indeed-despite the fact the Dreamliner isn't my favourite airplane (I like it more than the 737 or A320).

I have never seen a review of this airplane etc. Is it a good addon?

Thanks John & Cavalier - the Aerosim 787 model has nice outside visuals - the cockpit systems modelling is pretty basic. If you are looking for a 787 there's a nice freeware model by Camsim in the library here and Quality Wings is developing a payware 787 that I think will have more detailed cockpit systems whenever it gets released but right now the Aerosim model is the most detailed on the street if you are hot for a 787 and want to pay the $$ :)

Archived