Adding AI traffic

747srcool

Hello there.

I am not new to FS, as i have played it for 2+ years, however i am fairly new to add-ons. Well, I would like to add more AI traffic as the traffic currently in my FS, (FS2002, I know, its ancient, but i can't justify $100 for FSX.) is very light, even though i have it set to maximum traffic. So is there a way i can add more AI traffic?

Thanks!

I don't know about fs2002 much. I used fsx only.

But there is a FS2002 section in the file library.

In the Blue bar, top of this page, click "File Library".

Then, in the drop-down box that opens, click "Advanced Search".

First we do a simple search. In the little drop down on that page, click where it says "All File Sections" and in the drop-down, scroll down to "FS2002 AI Flight Plans".

then at the bottom of the page click "search".

You will see there are many pages of available trafficplans.

Then do your search again, but this time also add keywords. For example the name of the airline you want to see.

----

As far as I know there is always two parts to traffic. The flightplan and the 3D models of the aircraft.

Those models could be your default aircraft.

For some trafficplans you may have to also install an aircraft.

Read the instructions with the file you download. Usually there is a file named: "README.txt" with instructions inside.

Good luck,

il88pp:cool:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.world-of-ai.com/airports.php Type in in the airport ICAO code and it will show which airlines fly into there. To see the schedules of each airline you will need a program to view the flightplans that are in you Scenery/World/Scenery folder.

To insure that you have enough airlines for your various airports, you should download and install just about all of the packages that are offered by WOAI.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

About me: I have used TTools myself. Those plans work in fsx as well.

But, it was a year ago, and the following is from memory.

What you do with TTools, you make 3 files.

airports.txt

aircraft.txt

flightplans.txt

Those three you compile together using TTools, and TTools then spits out one .bgl file which is the trafficplan.

To make the plans recognisable, you add a bit to the filename of the textfiles, for example:

airports_my_first_plan.txt

aircraft_my_first_plan.txt

flightplans_my_first_plan.txt

------------------------------------------------------

I had a look at a few fs2002 files.

First, "lanfppack.zip" from the file Library.

It is advertised as FS2002.

It refers to using TTools and Afcad.

Afcad is a program that is used to create airports. It does not work in fsx I think, and I never used it.

I was not sure TTools worked in FS2002, but from this it seems it does.

The lanfppack.zip file does not tell me much. It only contains a flightplans.txt file. I think the idea is you make the other files yoourself.

There are also 4 files for using with Afcad.

All that probably means more to you then it means to me.

---------------------

Then I downloaded the file: "precsu08.zip"

Precision Airlines.

That has all three required files. airports.txt - aircraft.txt and flightplans.txt

You will need to compile them together with TTools.

There is a subfolder (.zip) that has three more flightplans or a slightly different airline, Precision Air Services Tanzania.

So, that would be an easyer install I think.

But, you're not there yet.

You will need the aircraft as well.

Open the file: "Aircraft_Precision Air Tanzania Su08.txt" that you find inside the 'prescu08' folder.

You will see:

AC#1,200,"B733 PRECISION AIR"

AC#2,200,"AT-42 PRECISION AIR"

AC#3,200,"AT-72 PRECISION AIR"

That means these aircraft will fly the flightplan.

"B733 PRECISION AIR"

refers to the title= line in the aircraft.cfg file.

So to have this traffic show up there must be an aircraft with

title=B733 PRECISION AIR

To fix that:

-1- Install a B733, with a precision air livery, and mak sure the title= line matches. Change it if it does not match yet.

-2- Or for now, just for testing. Change one of your current aircraft's title= line to title=B733 PRECISION AIR

could be a boeing 737 or whatever.

----------------------

The automatic installer from WOAI will not work for fs2002, but you could try manual install.

The precision air package I told you about is advertised here on flightsim as fs2002/fs2004. So there is a good chance the trafficplans from WOAI will work. Since they are fs9 style.

But the aircraft from WOAI I am not so sure. I don't know if you can use fs2004 aircraft in fs2002. And some of the aircraft from WOAI are even FSX type.

-------------------

Sorry I don't have more definite answers. il.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had not seen your question yet.

What are you trying to compile.

What did you download.

What steps are you doing when compiling. Step by step please. "I take file: "xxxxxxx" and then I do ... blah blah... etc"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't know 'ai flight creator'. Times used in flightplans are GMT time.

Can't think of much more. Maybe try a forum search for: traffic fs2002

You mean you did get the plan compiled now,yes?

If you want someone to help you with a specific file, tell us what .zip file you downloaded.

Oh, in case you did not know yet, we also have a FS2002 forum here. Worth a look perhaps.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I just found it's very different in FS2002 then in the later versions.

In the later versions there is the default traffic file, called "trafficAircraft.bgl" and then you add files to that. for example "traffic_Woa_DHL.bgl" and "trafic_Woa_Lufthansa.bgl"

In FS 2002 there is only one traffic file. "traffic.bgl"

This contains all the traffic.

What you do is you save a copy of it. Keep that safe somewhere.

Then create another copy to work with. Open that file in TTools and decompile it. The result is three files:

aircraft.txt

airports.txt

flightplans.txt

Each of these files is very long, its all your FS2002 default traffic, from all airports.

Then you take the downloaded trafficplan you want to add.

You see in there three textfiles as well.

Also named "aircraft.txt", "airports.txt" and "flightplans.txt",

You will need to add what is in those files, to the default "aircraft.txt", "airports.txt" and "flightplans.txt" files. But you can't simply copy paste it all.

--------------------------

I'm not sure I really understand, but I think what you are supposed to do is the following.

Using your "trfukpai.zip" as example.

------------------------------

When you open the downloaded file "aircraft.txt" you will see something like this:

AC#1,200,"Beech Baron 58"

AC#2,315,"Beech King Air 350"

AC#3,430,"Boeing 737-400"

etc.

These are probably default aircraft, that you already have in FS2002.

So these lines are in the default "aircraft.txt" and you do not need to add them again.

Lower down in the new "aircraft.txt" file:

AC#901,485,"PAI A30B GE SCY"

AC#902,460,"PAI B752 SCY_Finnair"

AC#1161,450,"PAI A320V2 CFM LBT"

AC#1162,450,"PAI A320V2 CFM LBT_COM"

etc.

those are new. You need add all new ones at the bottom of the default "aircraft.txt".

You must make sure that the aircraft's numbers ("AC#901", AC#902", "AC#1161",) are not already used in the default traffic.bgl

If they are already in use, you will have to change the numbers you are adding.

But, those lines connect with the Numbers in the "flightplans.txt" file that you are adding!!

That file looks like this:

AC#24,N8552,87%,12Hr,IFR,01:53:44,07:00:57,100,F,7770,CYKZ,07:53:44,13:00:57,090,F,7771,CYHZ

AC#26,N37072,84%,6Hr,IFR,02:09:36,04:05:15,330,F,4853,DTTZ,05:09:28,07:05:07,320,F,4854,LEBZ

AC#26,N36968,100%,8Hr,IFR,00:49:10,03:58:45,300,F,5309,KFFZ,04:49:03,07:58:38,290,F,5310,KRYY

etc.

Each line is a flightplan, and contains the aircraft number that will be used to fly it. The numbers need to match to the aircraft you added.

So, if you added the aircraft and had to change all the numbers. Then in the Flightplans that you add you will need to change all the numbers as well.

You can use "find and replace" in notepad for that.

-----

Even then you are not there yet. Those first aircraft in the aircraft.txt are probably in FS2002 already.

But lower down I see things like:

AC#901,485,"PAI A30B GE SCY"

AC#902,460,"PAI B752 SCY_Finnair"

And those are ProjectAI aircraft. Notice the names start with PAI.

That means you don't have these aircraft yet, but you can download them from the ProjectAI site.

Problem is, the project-AI site is no more.

And that's bad.

Because without planes, no traffic. This is not going to work.

They also had an installer that did all this installing work for you.

---------------------------------

Maybe the PAI planes are still somewhere to be found. Or maybe you can find trafficplans for FS2002 complete with planes somewere.

Whatever you want to add, each flightplan needs a plane to fly it.

You could also try creating some traffic for the planes you have already perhaps. Here's a link on how to do that:

http://simviation.com//lair/Ttools1.htm

May be a good Idea. Start small, create a few flights yourself, so you see how the process works. Then look at complete packages again.

This is all stuff I never did myself. Just info from Google.

allways be Safe and make a backup of files before you are going to edit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...
So i downloaded the ai planes, downloaded the air traffic files (Mostly for Heathrow) put them into their folders, ran TTools, made sure the updated traffic.bgl file was in the correct folder and then fired up FS2k2 and nothing. I was at LHR for hours and nothing came or went but two MD80s in the default paints. I made sure the traffic frequency was at 100% but still nothing... :confused:

Archived