World of AI in FSX Steam

kirker

Hello,

Ok so after spending 3 to 4 hrs.removing my FS 2004 and FSX and FSX Steam Edition plus cleaning the registry.

I just finish re installing only the FSX Steam.

The WORLD AI installer did not recognize the FSX Steam like it does with the box FSX, I did the manual installation.

I installed the American airline package for FSX only, but it doesn't say install, it says extract, I click extract.

I then opened FSX went to setting and set airline traffic density to 100% and general traffic density 62 %

I then flew to Miami Intl. airport where in my box FSX showed a lot of American planes, no American airline, only all the default planes.

Can anyone in this forum tell me what am I doing wrong?

I'm not too familiar with FSX yet, so go easy on me please.

Thanking you in advance,

Henry

Just point the WOAI installer at the FSX main folder inside the Steam installation and do the automatic installation.

Folder locations:

64-bit FSX Steam Install Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX

32-bit FSX Steam Install Path: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX

What you did now, you extracted the flightplanes and plane models from the WOAI package to somewhere on your computer, not in FSX: You need to move them manually into the appropriate folders in FSX SE - that is why this is called the "manual installation"...

I installed the American airline package for FSX only

All WOAI flightplans are formatted for FS2004. The package for FSX means some of the AI Planes will ony work in FSX such as FAIB.

You must convert the Flightplans to the FSX format using utilities such as FP_FS9_FSX. This will also set the correct day shifting and update changes in airports.

AI Flight Planner (AIFP) will also convert FS2004 FP's to FSX format.

jim

Can you post a screenshot of this?

- I am on the page "Select WOAI Package to install:"

- I change the "Target" dropdown to FS 2004 (I don't have that one, so it couldn't find it either)

- I can either edit the "FS2004 path:" input filed or use the button ".." to get a explorer type window to select the folder.

- Same when I switch back to FSX

wo1.jpg

wo2.jpg

And this is what it should look like:

Unbenannt.jpg

I followed your instruction to the T and didn't work.

Now it says installed but when I go to airplanes folder there is nothing there.

I attached a picture, I don't know if you will be able to see it, never done it, sorry.

Even if it doesn't work, I want to thank you for all your help.

Steam FSX 123.png

Just to make sure, the path to FSX SE is correct for your system, is it? You do run a 64bit Windows?

When you say you "go to Airplanes" what do you mean by that? WOAI will not show up as flyable aircraft in FSX. Or do you mean the folder \SimObjects\Airplanes ?

I think you may be installing the wrong file.

Try this: inside the "woa_americanairlines_v4_fsx.zip" is another ZIP called "American_Airlines.woai.zip". Pull out that one and select it in the installer.

After doing that you should find the following in \SimObjects\Airplanes:

Unbenannt.jpg

And in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\FSX\Scenery\World\scenery" there is a file called "Traffic_000_WoA_American Airlines_Su13.bgl".

Ah, good catch, well spotted. Your screen must be better then mine. No way could I read the filename he was extracting.:(

I've been thinking about a few small pc upgrades, but it's starting to add up. Time to switch to rice and beans perhaps...:( il88pp:cool:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ah, good catch, well spotted. Your screen must be better then mine. No way could I read the filename he was extracting.:(

I've been thinking about a few small pc upgrades, but it's starting to add up. Time to switch to rice and beans perhaps...:( il88pp:cool:

Nah, tablet screen, PC is too far from the relax-chair. Opened the pic and finger-zoomed in. The tablet is also the reason why I have to edit my posts so often, the virtual keyboard is no friend of mine.

Drinking tab water with the beans helps wallet and digestion...

You're right, all that coffee gets expensive, would be good to dial that down a bit.;)

For now, and there's not going to be much movement in it I think, the selection sits at:

fractal design R5 black, corsair hydro h110 or similar, gtx of some kind, and possibly a PSU and UPS.

I think I'll just get the case and see how it goes from there.

il.

Please no replies to this guys. (Or if you must, send a PM instead).

Back to WOAI now.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, in the SimOjects/airplanes there are no WOA folders,if I go to my box FSX I can see all the WOA folders there, but not in the Steam version, also I Tried unzipping the

the Zip file like you suggested and installing the other Zip and it tells me that it cannot locate the file.

There a lot of people that are having this problem, I think that a lot of them are just giving up.

Thanks for all your help.

If it says it cannot find the file, that has nothing to do with FSX at all. Make sure you pull the AmericanAirlines.woai.zip file out of the master ZIP or copy and paste it somewhere. Just doubleclicking the master ZIP will not work. Or did your AntiVirus delete it?

But for peace of mind, if you have the files in FSX boxed, just copy them over, aircraft folders and traffic bgls where they belong. You could do the same with the files you extracted with the installer for manual installation.

Didnt you say you were on a single SE install? Seems like your registry entries for SE are not correct. I do have a single install and it works perfectly, the path is correct right from the start.

Yes I did, I then re installed the box FSX, so I have both.

I did what you suggested and it worked, I manually copy the folders and files to the right place and now I see American airlines at Miami Intl.

I want to truly thank you for all your help and patience.

Nevertheless, you need to get that registry right, or you will have the same trouble with other addons.

AFAIK the dual install only works out the other way round - FSX boxed has to be there first, then you can dual install SE on top. But you are screwed if you do it backwards - I now remember a similar thread a few weeks back with the same problem (albeit not with WOAI, was some other addon)

As harsh as it sounds, maybe the best strategy would be to remove both of them once again, and then to only reinstall SE. Keep a copy of your whole FSX boxed folder for reference though.

Archived