where is dll.xml located?

goldhawk

I was reading that someone got fsrecorder 1.3 to work for P3d but they had to modify dll.xml. does anyone know where that file is located. I can not find it and I am showing hidden files. I am using win7 and I did a search for it, win7 usually finds most files.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

.::Gateway::. i5, 8GB Memory, 2gb Nvidia Video Card, Win7, FS9, FSX, P3D

Android User. Sometimes Ubuntu User.

It's in the C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2 folder:

jSJlP.png

jSJcY.png

Bill Leaming http://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Combat/0054.gif

Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Military Visualizations

Flightsim.com Panels & Gauges Forum Moderator

Flightsim Rig: Intel Core i7-2600K - 8GB DDR3 1333 - EVGA GTX770 4GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

Development Rig1: Intel Core i7-3770k - 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD7770 SLI 1GB - Win7 64bit Professional

Development Rig2: Intel Core i7-860 - 8GB DDR3 Corsair - GeForce GTS240 1GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

NOTE: Unless explicitly stated in the post, everything written by my hand is MY opinion. I do NOT speak for any company, real or imagined...

ok thank you for that, I would imagine p3d has the same file in pretty much the same directory structure just substituting p3d for fsx

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ok thank you for that, I would imagine p3d has the same file in pretty much the same directory structure just substituting p3d for fsx

There is no need to imagine, as the first image shows the exact path to the P3D dll.xml file. The second image shows the exact path to the FSX dll.xml file.

Flightsim Rig: Intel Core i7-2600K - 8GB DDR3 1333 - EVGA GTX770 4GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

Development Rig1: Intel Core i7-3770k - 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD7770 SLI 1GB - Win7 64bit Professional

Development Rig2: Intel Core i7-860 - 8GB DDR3 Corsair - GeForce GTS240 1GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

NOTE: Unless explicitly stated in the post, everything written by my hand is MY opinion. I do NOT speak for any company, real or imagined...

Ok you have it _exactly_ right, my apologies, I scanned the images too fast and was not really reading your post.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Maybe because I am on P3d v1.4 I went to that exact directory and there was no dll.xml I created one with just the fsrecorder entry as I found instructions for and it did nothing. So I guess I keep trying. This is what I put in my dll.xml

FS Recorder Module

False

False

D:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\fsrecorder\RecorderFSX.dll

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You are missing some critical lines in your dll.xml example. Here is what it must be:

Launch
dll.xml
False
False

FS Recorder Module
False
False
D:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\fsrecorder\RecorderFSX.dll

Archived