Heavy Metal

Talking about the metal-nice looking Superfortress metal. Very shiny.
My Blog:http://thebadpilotsblog.blogspot.com/ My PC: i7-3970X up to 4.0GHz, Gigabyte GTX970 OC, Asus X79 Rampage IV Extreme, Kingston HyperX Beast XMP 16GB, Samsung 850 PRO 256GB SSD, Western Digital Black 2TB, Noctua NH-D15, Thermaltake SE Smart 630W, Cooler Master CM690 III, Windows 10.

Thank you everyone for the feedback/compliments on the screenshots!

Kenny, you are certainly correct (the repaint even has the Planes of Fame name/logo and modern reg number on the tail fins). The B-17 is of course the example owned/operated by the Yankee Air Museum in Michigan, and the P-47 is the example which is owned/operated by the Friedkin family/Comanche Fighters out of Texas (it had previously belonged to The Fighter Collection at Duxford).

John, I believe for a free download you can add "Glacier Girl" if it is still available with amazing job as you can do a 360 deg around from the cockpit view, I have it and I got here on Flight sims web. Is "Skiddo" a free download here or payware"? Not sure where you are based out of, if you are in the SoCal area have you ever been to POF "Planes Of Fame"? If you don't, make it on your bucket list, as it is worth it as I have volunteered there for 18 yrs until I moved to AZ, but still go when I can. They have their annual Airshow there the first weekend in May. Must go see and to any one that reads this. Go to Planes Of fame.org. Great job on pics. Kenny

Kenny,

The P-38J model is from the payware "FSD" product, and the repaint is available from the file library here.

Last year, in late April/early May, a couple warbird friends and I flew out to LA and spent 5-days taking-in the Planes of Fame Air Museum/Fighter Rebuilders, the POF airshow, the Yanks Air Museum, the CAF SoCal Wing, and Aero Trader and their desert storage facility (one of my travel companions has known the owners for many years, through restoring/flying B-25's, so it was a great privilege to be invited to look around) - we put over 700 miles on our little rental car. It was an amazing experience to see such an incredible amount of warbirds (un-restored, under restoration, or flying) that, living in the Midwest, I would never have gotten the chance to see otherwise.

Here are a couple photos (of the hundreds I took from that trip) from the 2014 Planes of Fame airshow, which are related to my shots above - these were from the Friday night before the show. This was the debut appearance of "Snafu" in the US, having been previously based in the UK with The Fighter Collection - it now calls Texas home.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y282/Bomber_12th/Yanks/Planes%20of%20Fame%20Air%20Museum/POF_Show_Img_21_zps31355d0f.jpg~original

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y282/Bomber_12th/Yanks/Planes%20of%20Fame%20Air%20Museum/POF_Show_Img_23_zpsa5933cc1.jpg~original

John I am so glad you had the opportunity to travel & see some of the Air Museums on the West coast. It is amazing how many old birds are still around and flying , that is what makes our museum to well known as they fly them in movies, and Air shows through out the US. Here is a couple picture of "Glacier Girl" going thru it's annual at POF a couple of yrs ago. Hope you same guy's can make another trip out there the first weekend in May. If so I would like to meet you, I am at the far side where the C-17 usually parks introduce yourself if u are there, Enjoy Kenny

Glacier Girl nose plumbing and art worksm.jpg

Glacier Girl lt side sm.jpg

Archived