SSTSIM questions

Captain Andy Poppens

i have a few questions about SSTSIM

do i use atc or not

You can use ATC ...or not......choice is yours.

when i reach 48000 feet i stop climbing why

because you are too heavy to climb higher

how do i open the doors

Normal FS9 commands

how will i burn off fuel does the virtual fuel engineer do this and how does the virtual fuel engineer work and why is fuel so important on concorde

do you know a good freeware sky add on to use with SSTSIM

Burn fuel by flying with the engines, hopefully, running. As you fly, fuel gets turned into various gases expelled to the atmosphere. The engineer just moves fuel from tank to tank to move the center of gravity fore or aft of the aircraft to attain supersonic flight.

Fuel is important because it helps make the airplane move.

im struggling to climb at FL480

If you actually read the advice given on these forums or read the manual/tutorial flight that comes with the product you would not be posting these questions.

i made it clear on my first reply to your previous thtread that I am willing to help you, but if you refuse to look at the manual or take on board any advice you are given I fear that I and you are collectively wasting our breath.

These forums are a two way street. People ask for advice, follow it and then ask further questions. None of us here are paid to do what we do. I am afraid your attitude is very poor. You ask questions giving the minimal information and your replies (if you do reply) are in the same vein. You don't say please or thank you to people who you expect to take some of their time and knowlege and impart it to you.

Now it may well be that there are reasons why your posts come accross as they do, and if that is indeed the case then there is an explanation for it. But the regular posters on here have no way of telling if someone is being rude/discourtious or if there is another explanation for it. So please try your best to have a proper discourse on these forums.

Level off for 46 minutes then initiate climb to FL545.

Well that may or may not work for him. Either way it is not the correct way to fly Concorde. You or he may not care. I am coming to the conclusion that I don't either.

As you can see from my previous post, I have just about had enough trying to help folks on here and other forums. The rudeness that seems to prevail in recent years is taking the fun out of this side of my hobby. I may in future just fly the sim and never log on to the forums again.

maybe you need to do a multiplayer flight with me so i can see what i am doing wrong

Why do you think you are doing anything wrong? It is normal for Concorde during MAX CLIMB/MAX CRUISE to reduce its rate of climb to almost level flight or even descend a little if the temperature changes.

In MAX CLIMB/ CRUISE the aircraft needs to get lighter before it can climb further (I told you this already). At standard ISA temperatures the following Flight Levels are attainable at the weights indicated:

FL52 140 tonnes

FL54 130 tonnes

FL56 115 tonnes

FL58 105 tonnes

FL60 95 tonnes

Temperature will affect these weights also. The higher the static air temperature, the lighter the aircraft will need to be to attain these FL.

While higher altitudes usually mean lower temperatures, hence NORMALLY cooler heads ..... it also means less oxygen, and therefore onset of hypoxia ... negating the cooler head effect.

So ..... everyone should pull back the throttle, reduce altitude to less than FL100, breath deeply .... and reset the flight. This is fantasy gentlemen .... not worth having a REAL stroke over.

Ahhh .... at least I feel much better ......

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

While higher altitudes usually mean lower temperatures, hence NORMALLY cooler heads ..... it also means less oxygen, and therefore onset of hypoxia ... negating the cooler head effect.

So ..... everyone should pull back the throttle, reduce altitude to less than FL100, breath deeply .... and reset the flight. This is fantasy gentlemen .... not worth having a REAL stroke over.

Ahhh .... at least I feel much better ......

Excellently said :)

As for Concorde, it does depend very heavily (no pun intended) on the weight of the aircraft and the ISA, and also the temperature at the nose. If the tip exceeds 127C, it's time to go slower or go back down.

The VFE is there to manage the Center of Gravity (CG) during flight so that the engines are still getting fuel and at the same time the CG is moving to accommodate super sonic flight.

High temps + High weight × Low patience = Bad day for Concorde

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i have thought about giving up flying concorde but i feel motivated by a quote from buffy the vampire slayer it's from the episode where her mother learns she is the slayer and she tries to prevent buffy from leaving to save the world from angelus but buffy fights her off and when she tries to leave her mother says you walk out of this house right now don't even think about coming back she leaves anyway every time i hear that quote i feel like she is saying to me you walk out of this concorde right now don't even think about coming back

Archived