Windows 10. Computer won't sleep or shut down.

bgets

Since upgrading from W7 Home Premium to Windows 10, when I select the power button and then sleep or shutdown, the computer will go through the process but never really shut down or sleep before it comes back on and goes through the whole boot process again.

I have asked this question on several W10 support forums and none of the things they suggest doing works.

Love W10 but would appreciate any ideas on how to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Bob G.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Intel i7 7700K 4.5 Ghz, GTX 1080 SC 1TB 7200RPM HDD, Samsung 500Gb SSHD, 750W PSU, P3DV4, Windows 10 64 bit Home Premium.REX,GEX,UTX. UTLive

Been there done that. Everything is set to have it sleep or shut down. It just comes back on every time.

Bob G.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Intel i7 7700K 4.5 Ghz, GTX 1080 SC 1TB 7200RPM HDD, Samsung 500Gb SSHD, 750W PSU, P3DV4, Windows 10 64 bit Home Premium.REX,GEX,UTX. UTLive

• 2 weeks later...
I have the same problem. Screen saver won't come on nor will the machine shutdown/sleep. From what I've seen, you need to runs sfc/scan from the command prompt. I've tried that, but am told I have to be in Adminstrator mode to do. Stupid thing is, I am the administrator. No one else listed as a user.
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I get the same thing Darrell. It runs fine on my system and apps but I have to manually shut it down. Nice to know, I am not the only one.

Thanks.

Bob G.

Darrell. Have you tried going to the device manager and right clicking on those devices and then properties and then power management and untick or tick the options to allow the device to allow the computer to power down or wake the computer. You can try it with each device. I know it's an option for network controllers, mouse, keyboard etc.

Bob G.

Archived