VC Radomly going from clickable to non clickable issue

Garfield

I downloaded the American 737-800WL By Benjamin Spranger / FSRepaintsGER. Honestly it's flown flawlessly, uses the default 737-800 VC which I'm comfortable with. However I'm running into one issue, when jumping straight into the cockpit the VC isn't clickable at all but after changing views multiple times and playing around it suddenly becomes clickable for 5-10 min yet after an ATC interaction or random event after a while it goes offline again. When it does it takes a few minutes of changing views and right clicking...even then I still don't know what the cause is.

I'm wondering if there's a line in aircraft.cfg that is off or if it's just with the base model and there's nothing I can do about it?

PS: All my other aircraft VC's are working fine.

Zip file for reference = aa738908nn-x-fsrepaintsger.zip

This sometimes is caused by an object too close to you in the VC. Best example is when you move the viewpoint/camera back into the seat. You may not notice it visually, but you cannot click on anything in the VC anymore. Moving a few inches forward cures it.

May be worth checking out.

Sometimes, If your head position is close to the headrest the vc is clickable. But when you accelerate for takeoff it is not.

Reason, with g-effects on it can push you back a bit, into the headrest.

G-effects in realism settings.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'll check out both guys. Yesterday I even tried from every zoom and switching back from cockpit mode to VC mode back and forth. It's as if a mechanism is causing it to "lock up" and I haven't quite figured out the sequence of events cause/effect. It's not just in certain situations it was pre taxi, cruising, decent etc...

I'm going to check out G-effects, at least its worth a shot.

I see that, too, from time to time over the years, in various VCs (the Lotus L-39 is one I recall, but there are others), but not necessarily when I first get into the VC -- often it's OK then and goes bad later. And I, too, have not figured out cause and effect, but I don't think it's G's or head position or too close or too far away, as I have G-effects disabled and I use TrackIR -- it doesn't matter if I lean forward, back, left or right, or if I raise up in the seat or scrunch down, it still happens. If I disable TrackIR the problem is still there (or still gone). Then, after while, it works again -- reason not apparent.

And as with Garfield, it may be sitting idle on the ground, in cruise flight, or any other time -- once it happens changing flight modes/conditions/power settings/configuration (aerobatics, takeoff, landing, climb, turn,descent don't matter) the problem is still there, or still gone.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Exactly what I'm seeing too. I did notice that a few times I was responding to ATC (just default ATC) that a few times after sending or receiving a transmission it would cause the lock.

I'm going to end up comparing the aircraft cfg. to the default aircraft cfg. and see what differences lie within, can't think of anything else to do.

I did the download and install for your aircraft. When I went to the VC I had NO click-points no matter where my view was or how close/far I was from the panel. As an experiment, I copied another POSKY 737-800 aircraft.cfg from beneath the [Fltsim.0] and overwrote the config for this aircraft. Now I have click-spots no matter the distance or angle in the VC.

It probably has to do with the line [Eyepoint] in the aircraft.cfg.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Archived