Cut and Paste

HoratioWondersocks

Have you tried putting

tags around it? Or put them in the main page of the reply box or whatever it's called (this page) then pasting in between them?

Thus:

Pat is a jerk
[/quote.]

I put the period after the second set of

tags I placed outside the first, correct set, so they would show up as text, so you can see them. Otherwise, leave the period out...

If you look up at the top of the reply box there is an Icon that looks like a speech balloon in a printed cartoon. THAT will place the tags in a box (page) for you to then place text into, OR, highlight the text you want to be the quote, then select the icon.

Does that help?

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Have you tried putting tags around it? Or put them in the main page of the reply box or whatever it's called (this page) then pasting in between them?

Thus:

[/quote.]

I put the period after the second set of

tags I placed outside the first, correct set, so they would show up as text, so you can see them. Otherwise, leave the period out...

If you look up at the top of the reply box there is an Icon that looks like a speech balloon in a printed cartoon. THAT will place the tags in a box (page) for you to then place text into, OR, highlight the text you want to be the quote, then select the icon.

Does that help?

Pat☺

Hello Pat

Thanks for your help.

I will need to have a little think .

By the way I am using an android tablet for my forum posts ,perhaps that has something to do with it.

Cheers Andrew

Looks to me like ya got the basics down :)

I dunno about the tablet thingy. I don't have one, just an old, beat up laptop :D

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Don't ask me why,but when replying to some forum posts yesterday I found I COULD paste into the message box .

I not sure ,but I think I found that when trying to paste into a completely blank message box I couldn't ,however if I entered just one character into the message box ,I could then paste as is usual.

Anyways I am rapidly reaching cut and paste overload .

So thanks to all for your help.

Andy

Generally you can always paste with "Ctrl+V" even when your right click menu doesn't show a paste option. Select all with "Ctrl+A", copy with "Ctrl+C", cut with "Ctrl+X", paste with "Ctrl+V" and before you know it you won't even be looking for a right click > paste option because you'll find the keyboard shortcuts so much easier to use. :)

Generally you can always paste with "Ctrl+V" even when your right click menu doesn't show a paste option. Select all with "Ctrl+A", copy with "Ctrl+C", cut with "Ctrl+X", paste with "Ctrl+V" and before you know it you won't even be looking for a right click > paste option because you'll find the keyboard shortcuts so much easier to use. :)

Thank you Jim

Will try your suggestions.

Andy

• 5 weeks later...
I.E. really very bad cookies waste your filed. Mozilla Firefox is very best but not help for WXP so the best one Google Chrome still a good running through WXP. W7/W8 coming more problem. lol

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Desktop: Cybertron AMD cpu, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2GB GDDR5 , MS Windows 10 DirectX 12, ASUS 24" 1920x1080. Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas 4 (a since 10:43 PM 7/24/2018). New 2019 "PATRIOT" Memory VIPER DDR3 8GB x2 XMP2.0

FSX SE "FOR FSIM USE ONLY"

Archived