activate remote scenery files

qaywert

I downloaded ( with Earth Tiles) many Photorealistic Tiles (1°Latitude/1°Longitude). These Tiles are on a remote Drive:

X:\Austria\48_16\scenery\xxx.bgl...........

To activate these tiles by hand is easy but very time consuming (I have far over 100 now )

Is there any way to transfer these files(1° Tiles) automatically to the P3d appropriate folder(s) so that the program will recognize them?

I am not a scenery guru but couldn't you just put them all in ONE folder, like Addon Scenery, and just activate the folder? The individual files should then be loaded appropriately.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

I need to have them seperately in order to replace them if necessary. Bing or Google bring out better tiles all the time (no clouds better colors).

And I think I get better performance if the single scenery files are not bigger than 2GB (one degree Tiles). But I am not sure about this. I had no OOM despite I have covered all of Western Europe with Photorealistic Tiles. I am now working on the US.

I do not make seperate Watermasks, this looks more natural to me.

I think there must be a simple solution. I tried Addit, but it creates new files instead of using the existing ones and is therefore very slow.

If all the tiles were in ADDON_TILES and each tile has a unique name - can't you just replace THAT specific tile in the ADDON_TILES folder? Once the folder is added to the scenery lib and activated, whatever is in the folder is loaded. I don't see the problem.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

I had no problem in adding and activating all the tiles inside P3d. I did that before and it worked fine, but I had to reinstall my system and use now a larger external drive (3TB) for the photosceneries. The files are sitting there waiting to be activated in P3d, I can do this again as before, I actually started already doing this, but then it occured to me that there might be some friendly individuals out there that new a more efficient and faster way.

Archived