just a little time waster

CessnaFlyer

I didn't see a single kitty! I AM only level 4 though...

Maybe another time, now, LUNCH!!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Holy cats!

that's...

Sorry, my wife and I are both cat people. Let's just say that's not for us.

I clicked on that banner above it, and got that started. Thought maybe as one went up in levels, the cats got bigger or something, and weren't...damaged, just landed and ran around or something.

Oh well, scratch that one...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

No offense taken at all. I just found it a bit disturbing. Simple solution, I don't open that page any more :D

Thanks for saying something though, I appreciate the thought!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I had a somewhat similar game like that ages ago on, I think, NT Workstation or maybe even earlier. It was two gorillas on the top of two tall buildings lobbing bananas at each other. You could set wind direction, velocity, and gravitational constant. It used to break me up when I played it.

Art

your welcome sir

Oh, no "sir" here. I was a Sergeant of Marines, I knew both my parents!

:rolleyes: ;) :D

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Oh, no "sir" here. I was a Sergeant of Marines, I knew both my parents!

:rolleyes: ;) :D

Pat☺

I actually remember knowing A warrant officer who knew both his parents too! You do know where the term warrant officer comes from don't you? :rolleyes:

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Actually, I never thought about it! I know they did away with the ranks when I was in, for the Corps, anyway. I actually worked for one of the last few real "Gunner"'s when I was in Yuma, even though it had become a generic term for all WO's in the Corps. WO-4, rank tab one side, bursting bomb on the other side of his collar. Actually preferred to be called "Gunner". He was getting up there too. Ran a Battery in Vietnam, but wouldn't talk about it...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CessnaFlyer,

I checked the copyright date on my original NT disc (it's in my "Operating System Museum" -- a large loose-leaf notebook). The Microsoft copyright date range is 1985 - 1998. I installed it in early 1999. It was the OS I knew best because it was the first time I ever read one of those huge Que OS manuals (or the other publisher of OS manuals-I forget that name). What really amazed me was that it only took seconds to recover from a blue screen, if you saved just three files on a 3-1/2" floppy disc. Even though the company always provided excellent tech support, that was the last time I spent three hours on the phone with Gateway being coached how to recover the "right" way.

Art

i am confused is that an anti-aircraft gunner or something? this topic got confuseing. lol

I apologize. Warrant Officers were a structure of 4 ranks, between "real" Officers (the College boys that went to Annapolis, or whatever, and their Service's Officer Training version of boot camp), and the Enlisted ranks, which, up till very recently, needed only a High-School education. I think, though I won't swear to it, that the ranks started out in the Army, so enlisted men could go flying as pilots. I think some of the helicopter pilots in the Army are still Warrant's. They have a lot of the responsibilities of Officers, and are often utilized by their units as such, but are kind of looked down on by "real" officers (or Zero's as we called them. Their ranks were abbreviated O-1, O-2, etc.).

In the Corps, they were the leaders of Artillery Batteries, hence the term "Gunner" to refer to them. They were the ones that would take the map co-ordinates fed to the Battery from the Forward Observers (FO), or orders from higher-higher, and then point the guns in the proper azimuth (left/right from a reference) and elevation (Up/down from the horizon) to make the shells land precisely where they should. And NOT on their own men :D Warrant's were utilized so they could properly give orders to the men of the batteries (Or whatever they were in charge of, even if just an airplane).

And there is the story, in brief, of Marine Corps Gunners.

I apologize for hijack the thread. I will be quiet now...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived