VEBD to VQPR

MBKHOU

This is one of the routes DrukAir does to Paro. The scenery in India looked better than

what I was expecting. Seems the ORBX stuff kind of perked it up a bit, as it did with

Paro. The Paro scenery is one of the freeware versions, and am using Global and Vector

which seemed to mix fairly well. Not sure if it actually looks like that area, but it's a bit

better than the default textures I think. A wet day, and a wet runway makes for a FIRM

landing in a 737 at Paro. LOL I rattled the china and silverware a bit, but a firm landing is

better than floating off down the runway, which has a lot less drag than planting the tires,

and getting the spoilers and thrust reverse going.

The video is three parts, takeoff, cockpit approach and landing from the PRO VOR, and

the last is a 1.0 spot view starting right before the 270 degree turn to landing. Kind of

lets you see the terrain a bit better, and how high it is vs the plane once near the end

of the approach.

One note.. An Airbus drops gear and flaps before the 270 turn due to bank limits if not

in landing config. The 737 can wait to drop gear as it rolls out on the river.

But.. I don't do it that way. If I lower my flaps to handle the approach/maneuver speed,

and not lower the gear, I have to listen to that blasted gear horn blaring through the whole

turn. I can't live like that. So I fly it Airbus style, and drop gear and flaps before the turn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2J_H-Qjp7E&feature=youtu.be

Archived