Brakes issue with some default aircraft

asos

I recently reinstalled FSX Gold Edition and its Acceleration--from the 3 authentic discs the box contains.

I run Win 7 Ultimate.

I noticed that both the Baron 58 and Cessna 172 (defaults) cannot run straight from the start of the runway to take off--I had to use Num+ and Num- for differential braking. Without the use of those keys--that is without differential bakes and only rudder used, the planes tun left tightly and right is almost impossible as it is too slow and the turn too wide...

I flew in easy settings, and I also noticed that once speed is gathered on take off it is easier to keep straight (rudder effect?)...

I have not installed any patches--SP1 or 2 or whatever. And I have not yet tested brakes with any other def aircraft....

Nick

With the Gold Edition and Acceleration installed, you do not need SP1 or SP2. Did you look at your aircraft from behind before taxiing to make sure the rudder is centered? Press NumPad 5 to center all controls. Are you using autorudder or a twist joystick rudder control?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Don't forget about re-calibration of your joystick if you did re-install of FSX Accel.

But..butt..cigerette butt.. if you DON'T have 'twist grip' joy then all is for nothing as you will still run off the runway due to crosswind (if any) and not being able to use the differential braking.

Take a word of advice: Set 'Realism' to MEDIUM (AND LEAVE IT THERE). Easy or Hard do not work right. You will learn this after a few years of testing, etc.

Chuck B

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Before opening the throttle to take off, get into the habit of always going to external view and waggling and twisting your joystick (or yoke and rudder pedals) a few times to "free up" the control surfaces and visually observe that they've centralised.

Also make sure the 'autorudder' box is ticked "off" or it might cause conflict between rudder and ailerons during the takeoff run.

Oh and don't bother with differential braking, I never do..:)

PS- and NEVER start tweaking game files except as a last resort if the simpler remedies don't work

Archived