PC12 - ILS landing (Descent problem)

Hello :)

I've just started playing FSX again and using a payware which I brought at the beginning of the year. I've finally got the hang of using it and have been flying it alday today. I only have 1 slight problem. When I come in for an ILS landing the Descent seems to be abit early.

When I approach the runway it seems to slowly go down but doesnt go with the runway, it just goes at its own will. I always have to take control to get it back into a decent descent.

is this user error, or is it meant to do this?

Just to add.. The lining up of the runway is perfect, its just the descent.

Any help could be useful :)

link to plane.. http://www.justflight.com/product/carenado-pc12-hd-series-for-fsx-and-p3d

It does as far as I know as it starts beeping then takes control of the 'HDG' and lines me up with the runway then starts to descend. It just doesn't seem to descend in line with the runway :/

OK, beeping is good, that's the Morse Code identifier for that ILS. That usually starts about 28 miles out. Establishing on the Localizer should be around 15-16 miles out (this is when your heading hold light turns off and you aircraft turns towards the runway. If there is a Glideslope for that ILS, then at about 9 miles out, your altitude hold light should go out (Maybe a diamond shaped symbol in the PFD will drop to the level flight line). Assuming you are below the Glideslope to catch it.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

It does grab the Altitude thing as it Descends it just doesn't do a good job at descending towards the runway :/

At that point you should be set for landing, proper speed, wheels down (if they are retracted) and proper flaps setting. I know your PC-12 is payware, but what airport and runway are you using? I might try it in another aircraft.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Archived