Windows 10 and FSX

josegts

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a real surprise to me. I have asked the same question on several forums, and I've been somewhat assured that there would be no problem whatsoever. I do not yet have Windows 10...but I WAS looking forward to it.

Stan

Just installed Windowsm10 and my FSX does not run. It is incompatible?

Ignore Alaskancrab and others like him!! Don't jump into Windows 10 until it has been debugged by the tens of thousands who are into pain and suffering!

If you want to be the first on your block to have a specific model of automobile, that's fine. At least your neighbors can look at your non-useable vehicle and wish they owned it. For software there is no block appreciation. Let others figure out how to deal with all the bugs! Then enjoy what you have after all their disasters.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Ignore Alaskancrab and others like him!! Don't jump into Windows 10 until it has been debugged by the tens of thousands who are into pain and suffering!

If you want to be the first on your block to have a specific model of automobile, that's fine. At least your neighbors can look at your non-useable vehicle and wish they owned it. For software there is no block appreciation. Let others figure out how to deal with all the bugs! Then enjoy what you have after all their disasters.

After 2 full days of using Win 10 I will say that Win 10 is THE VERY BEST OS I have ever used. There are NOT bugs. I am NOT experiencing ANY pain and suffering. I AM NOT debugging a single thing because that is what the beta testers did. I am not giving away my privacy. I am not suffering from any automatic updates. FSX and ALL my add-ons are working great. EVERY other program I had running under Win 7 is now RUNNING under Win 10 without me doing a single thing.

Ignore the doom and gloom folks and do what you think is best for your situation.

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

Does not run, as in how does it not run? For me, I had black preview and flight screens. Everything else was fine, including sound. I had to check Preview DirectX 10 and now it is working.

Your answer is heaven sent. Thanks a million. It's working properly now!

After 2 full days of using Win 10 I will say that Win 10 is THE VERY BEST OS I have ever used. There are NOT bugs. I am NOT experiencing ANY pain and suffering. I AM NOT debugging a single thing because that is what the beta testers did. I am not giving away my privacy. I am not suffering from any automatic updates. FSX and ALL my add-ons are working great. EVERY other program I had running under Win 7 is now RUNNING under Win 10 without me doing a single thing.

Ignore the doom and gloom folks and do what you think is best for your situation.

GREAT!! After all the issues with XP & 8, that's exactly the roll out we and MS need! I hope and others will continue to post news of your successes. And also news of any issues you find.

I didn't feel at all good about 10 when I was doing pre-release stuff on my "play" computer. So I'll stay with 7 on my "primaries" for awhile. But maybe MS has actually listened to feedback this time.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Im sticking with win7 on my fsx rig. I simply know it runs like a dream on win 7 without any hiccups within that OS.by clicking direct x preview etc you open up various issues on other add ons. So may work for some, may not for others.

Ill pop win10 on my laptop and thats it. .only for the cross platform structure nothing else.

I have the same problem with the black aircraft select screen. CKd DX10 and they now show but any ai aircraft or addon aircraft have no textures.Thinking about returning to windows 7 for the time being until the community can figure this out.

I have the same problem with the black aircraft select screen. CKd DX10 and they now show but any ai aircraft or addon aircraft have no textures.Thinking about returning to windows 7 for the time being until the community can figure this out.

The community has figured this out.

1. Make sure video drivers are 353.62 Win 10.

2. Delete the Shaders folder contents.

3. Move your FSX.cfg and start with a fresh .cfg if #1 and #2 do not work.

Yes this is for DX9 mode. I am using it now for 4 days.

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

I have run into an issue, and I have a feeling it might be this: uiautomationcore.dll. My understanding is that this was an issue before in 8.1. Any Ideas...here's the error log

Log Name: Application

Source: Application Error

Date: 8/4/2015 8:31:44 PM

Event ID: 1000

Task Category: (100)

Level: Error

Keywords: Classic

User: N/A

Computer: Chris-HP

Description:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14

Faulting module name: uiautomationcore.dll, version: 7.2.10240.16397, time stamp: 0x55af0841

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00064475

Faulting process id: 0x2a4c

Faulting application start time: 0x01d0cf152ccf6b44

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\uiautomationcore.dll

Report Id: 2a73e04c-e10a-417f-81cd-55e1744007dc

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Event Xml:

0x80000000000000

Application

Chris-HP

fsx.exe

46fadb14

uiautomationcore.dll

55af0841

c0000005

2a4c

01d0cf152ccf6b44

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\uiautomationcore.dll

2a73e04c-e10a-417f-81cd-55e1744007dc

Something else I noticed, right or wrong, lol.

I was playing in windowed mode the last few days with DX10. I just tried a few things, long story short, I went back to full screen mode, and I had black screens in both DX9c and DX10. Went back to windowed mode (ALT+ENTER) and FSX works in both DX9c and DX10. I have no explanation, I have no clue why, but my issue is a windowed vs full screen mode. Works fine in windowed mode.

uiautomationcore.dll = why is in your system?

Why playing with old DirectX's?

Now you guys lost control of the system not just FSX.

Mine is working with DirectX 12 with no problems.

Good luck now (no pun intended).

Cheers,

Yes, my windows update seemed to help with the black preview screen also.

However, I have my sound issue fixed. It was actually a setting with the sound drivers, and the surround set up, not the game. I had to uninstall my sound drivers, and reinstall drivers that were for windows 10. Re-set up my surround settings, and all is well. I just thought it was weird that some missions I would have voices, and some I would not. Then one mission, they quit in the middle of the mission, so I started looking at the computer, rather than FSX.

Just thought I would update in case someone else has similar issues.

All seems to be well now, except for a few overlapping textures that I can live with for the time being. Thanks for the help.

I updated from Windows 7 to 10 only yesterday. I also updated the graphics driver. My screen resolution is correct. FSX works in Windows 10 but has two noticeable issues.

1. The opening screen where you choose aircraft and other settings is too large making the image look a bit out of focus

2. Aircraft textures are jagged.

Can these be fixed or is it a case of reverting back to Windows 7.

Windows 7 Home 64bit - 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD - 2TB Master Hard Drive

Intel Core i7 4+4 Core 2600K 3.4Ghz 8MB L3 CACHE - ThermalTake Contac29 Cooler

16GB DDR3 2133Mhz Patriot Viper V3 Red Performance/Gaming RAM

AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB PCI-E 3.0 Ready Graphics - GSX - FS Cabin Crew - ASN SP5

Thanks Jim

Mine will auto install on Sunday, kinda worried till I read your post

David :pilot:

"Remember, All you have to do is ask."

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2015/10/25/windows10signaturecopy.jpghttp://www.pixeljoint.com/files/icons/full/helicoptero_animado_2.gif

My FSX Steam didn't work at first, I did a video driver update, and bingo bango I'm up and running!!! I've been using my laptop, and I'm getting about 40ish frames per second with everything maxed!! This is much better than old FSX and even better than FSX Steam in Win 8.1 Amazing!!!

1. Your FSX resolution is too high.

2. Turn AA on in FSX. Then you can further adjust AA through the Nvidia Control panel.

Not sure if you post was directed at me JSkorna. But if it was, why would my resolution settings be any different in Windows 10 than 7 when all was working fine.

I have a AMD graphics card not Nvidia as shown in my signature panel.

Check and see what resolution FSX is running at and see if it is the same as your Desktop.

Checked. Both running at 1920 x 1080 (recommended)

Archived