Question re 777 wreckage found in Indian ocean and possible link to MH370

old_wombat

Look, I ask this question here because I know not where else to ask it. I apologize if this is unacceptably too far outside of guidelines. This is a serious question. If it sounds sarcastic then blame my poor writing.

So. The flaperon washed up on the island in the Indian Ocean has been confirmed via a part number as belonging to a Boeing 777. My question is... if it's not part of MH370, then what else could it be? Extensive googling has not detected any other 777s hitting the water. Is there any other credible method for a 777 flaperon to find its way into the Indian Ocean? A broken one dumped as junk? An accidental loss of a spare part?

I'm all for not jumping to conclusions, but I'm struggling to see how this could not be from MH370. I guess if they determine that the suitcase is from that flight, or they find a definite link via say a serial number this will all become academic. In the meantime, as usual, I am puzzled.

Steve from Murwilllumbah.

If it looks like a pig, squeals like a pig, then putting lipstick on it just makes it a pig with lipstick. My thinking is that they are fairly sure it's from the missing aircraft and they just want to dissect it some more to verify it. Last news report I heard was more efforts are being made to search the area off of that island for any other debris.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Records and their beauty. The building of a plane like this generates lots of records. The builders can tell us if it is one of theirs and if it belonged to MH370.

Also in Toulouse, where the part was sent, is where the people that anticipated how AF447 hit the water by pitch and banking with a few parts found floating in the Atlantic ocean two years before the two black finally told the whole story. And course, they were right all along.

So if they are they'll tell us.

Cheers,

Each serial number on a part can be related directly to a individual aircraft right down to the smallest of individual components. This not only shows in the aircrafts history but each part can have a history of its own as well. So if a part has be reused on another aircraft previous it will show in that parts history. So once they match a serial number it is highly unlikely that it may be incorrect or that the serial number doesn't match a aircraft, or if it was a spare part, where it was being held. It would also be reported as being lost should it of fallen off a boat in transit.
AMD 9590 5Ghz, Asus 990X Sabertooth, Asus 285 Strix, 8Gb Ram x2 RipJaws, Corsair Hydro H100, Corsair CM750M, 2TB Short Stroked HDD, Samsung 120Gb SSD for OS, x3 ViewSonic VX2370 LED Frameless Monitors. x1 Semi Understanding Partner.

Archived