Windows 10 and FS2004 Discussion.

GFD150

Does FS2004 Work In Windows 10???  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Does FS2004 Work In Windows 10???

Just thought I'd create the post for the big debate. Will FS2004 work in windows 10????? I'm not upgrading until we find out for sure. But everyone please feel free to comment and discuss.

Please answer the pole question as to if it works or not for you.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In my Win 7 tower CP Dedicated to FS9...Win 10 has denied access..Until I find an answer if any? Do not have FS9...Suggest caution with Win 10 ..this my experience!!...With my FSX,both steam and disk on a win 7 tower CP,,I will not attempt any Win 10 installation.

Other Forums are posting similar issues with W10 and FS9; some have commented that loading W10 messes with the existing OS and renders the old OS inoperable!

Much more testing is needed...

Alan :confused:

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

Windows XP still lives at my house, I'm never giving up FSNavigator!

No doubt...the best thing for Fs9...until I got FS Commander for FSX. Now I despise FS Navigator...haha!

JOE- Asus P8Z68- V Pro; CPU: Intel i7-2600K 3.4ghz OC'd 4.6Ghz,

8G Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3-1600, EVGA 1080Ti 11G ACX Cooler

Samsung 500G OS drive, 3 WD 1T Raptor HDD

I had no problems after upgrading to Windows 10 (from 8.1) but already had it installed outside of Program Files and running in compatibility mode for Win XP SP2. My brother just upgraded his Windows 7 system and now he gets sound but no picture. I walked him through setting the compatibility mode and deleted fs9.cfg but nothing worked. Fortunately, I am visiting him in a few days so will delete it and reinstall it and hope for the best.

for the folks that were successful in getting fs9 to run with windows 10, did you notice any difference in performance of fs9 as far as frame rates go, either good or bad?

- bernie

p.s. no need to call me Capt folks, Capt Flappers is just a name my wife teases me with because of my flight sim obsession. :o

Last night i upgraded to Win10. When i started FS2004 it started blinking real rapidly and could do nothing with it. So i unintalled FS2004 and installed it again. Now all i get is a blank black screen. All my other apps work fine with Win10, but my FS2004 is dead. I'm still Googling to try and revive FS2004 from the graveyard.

Earlier I said I was getting a black screen in FS2004 after upgrading to Win10. I read the Microsoft site, and they said try setting FULL_SCREEN=0 in the [GRAPHICS] section of the FS9.cfg file. I did this and i no longer get the black screen. The downside is that FS2004 now opens in a smaller window instead of full screen, and you have to expand the window to full screen, but you still get the window bar at the top with the FS2004 menu in it. But it does allow me to play FS2004 now. Here is the Microsoft support link for FS2204 and Win10 https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/837195

OK, I upgraded to 10 and never dreamed they would disregard flight simmers (2004). Right now I hit the fs2004 icon and the system tells me to log off and log in as administrator, you guessed it, I am already logged in as administrator????? I like some of the features in Win 10, but if they come at the expense of FltSim, I don't know what I will do?, maybe set up a computer dedicated to FS2004? I sure hope we can figure this out, it is a show stopper.....

Earlier I said I was getting a black screen in FS2004 after upgrading to Win10. I read the Microsoft site, and they said try setting FULL_SCREEN=0 in the [GRAPHICS] section of the FS9.cfg file. I did this and i no longer get the black screen. The downside is that FS2004 now opens in a smaller window instead of full screen, and you have to expand the window to full screen, but you still get the window bar at the top with the FS2004 menu in it. But it does allow me to play FS2004 now. Here is the Microsoft support link for FS2204 and Win10 https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/837195

Did you try alt/enter?

- bernie

p.s. no need to call me Capt folks, Capt Flappers is just a name my wife teases me with because of my flight sim obsession. :o

I have Windows 7 HP Laptop, have not install 10 yet, holding off for awhile, more likely MS is not going to have a fix for us trying to run FS9, which they do not support any more, it will be up to us to find ways to get FS9 running in W10.

I have a old desktop running my FSX which runs good, reason why FS9 is in my Laptop because Laptop is med. grade rig, which I can hook up to my 50' Plasma. Oh well, we will all see, do or dye.

Ron

CyberPowerPC Desktop Gamer Xtreme Liquid cool GLC3200F Intel i7-4790k 4.0 CPU Z97,NEW-GPU Gigabyte OC GTX1060 6GB ,128GB SSD W10 Home 64-Bit 1TB SATA III- SSD 850 EVO 500GB for FSX only,Force Feedback 2 joystick] Notebook MSI GP62MVR 7RFX i7 7700HQ 2.8/3.8 turbo- 16gb Memory-GPU GTX 1060 6 GB Memory.

Hi, I recently updated from Win7 to Win10 and it was a struggle to get FS9 running correctly. I am still having issues but its now running. I run multiple installs since I am mostly a CalClassic flyer. I have GW, Classic and modern installs along with FSX and FSX Steam edition. FSX did not seem to have any real issues. FS9 failed to load at all until I replaced the FS9 exe file with the no CD Version, it then loaded fine. Apparently Win10 doesn't understand the Check CD process that FS9 goes through.

My current problem is that invoking the GPS in any of the FS9 installs I have causes FS9 to crash. Anybody having this problem and found a fix for it?

Hi,

did a clean install of Win10 and entered the FS2004 path with the Reistry utility. FS9 (actual 179Gb) is on its owen drive (G:) and im using the noCD exe. At first there was bad flickering but this was a Nvidia driver problem. With 353.62 all is working fine. No compatibility mode needed. Here a shot with my Nvidia settings

http://descent.at/files/flusi/FS9inWin10.jpg

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Core i7@4,8ghz, 2x GTX970, 16Gb Ram@2666, Crucial Mx100 SSD, Asrock Z77 Ext.6, Watercooled

Win10 x64, Win7 x64, WinXp Multiboot

I am getting same issue, even tried uninstall reinstall of FS2004 but that still has same result, after a google search I have found this issue is not only affecting FS2004 but all their suggestions have still not worked, tried to restore back to windows 7 but the restore points have all gone ... if anyone can help so I can continue my flights I would be very appreciative!

Hi,

did a clean install of Win10 and entered the FS2004 path with the Reistry utility. FS9 (actual 179Gb) is on its owen drive (G:) and im using the noCD exe. At first there was bad flickering but this was a Nvidia driver problem. With 353.62 all is working fine. No compatibility mode needed. Here a shot with my Nvidia settings

http://descent.at/files/flusi/FS9inWin10.jpg

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Core i7@4,8ghz, 2x GTX970, 16Gb Ram@2666, Crucial Mx100 SSD, Asrock Z77 Ext.6, Watercooled

Win10 x64, Win7 x64, WinXp Multiboot

Nice screen shot.

Ron

CyberPowerPC Desktop Gamer Xtreme Liquid cool GLC3200F Intel i7-4790k 4.0 CPU Z97,NEW-GPU Gigabyte OC GTX1060 6GB ,128GB SSD W10 Home 64-Bit 1TB SATA III- SSD 850 EVO 500GB for FSX only,Force Feedback 2 joystick] Notebook MSI GP62MVR 7RFX i7 7700HQ 2.8/3.8 turbo- 16gb Memory-GPU GTX 1060 6 GB Memory.

I am using win10 with FSX. I had problems at first but got them all fixed. It runs very good and haven't had an issue with it so far. I have no I sea about FS2004 but I believe it shouldn't be a. Issue. You ca. Always roll back to your previous OS if it doesn't work out.

Hi All

I have updated W7 to W10 and all work well.

I have the following programs : FS9 - ADE - EditVoicepack - TTools - Flightsim Commander - Active Sky Evolution - AISmooth and several small programs.

The only thing I had to do was to install a new driver for my Nvidia videocard and a new driver for my Realtek High definition Audio soundcard.

So, good luck to you all.

Willy

Archived