Nvidia 353.62 drivers out, WHQL

mallcott

At first glance, I can't see any MARKED improvement in SLI from earlier drivers but they are equally as good. I'm keeping them.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

One thing noticed is that these drivers don't seem to play well with the latest release of FSUIPC, 4.941.

I get a hard crash just a few seconds after loading P3D - no error messages just an AppcrashB1 in Prepar3d.exe and dumped back to desktop - very unusual for Win7-64 and unheard of for P3D on my rig.

Realising the absence of error reporting implies something within P3D rather than a driver or system error, I tracked it last night to the new install of an updated FSUIPC.dll - I think (and I haven't had a lot of time to check this yet) it may have something to do with the autosave function.

In any case removing the .dll from the modules folder solved it, so I replaced 4941 with 4939v and everything is back to normal.

Curiously, I then rolled back the Nvidia driver and saw no crash when I installed 4941 again, which is why I'm thinking they're related.

As ever, YMMV

Archived