Who or what controls the weather

ColR1948

In my FS9 I have ActiveSky 6 loaded with the weather set for the area I'm flying in.

Also have FSUIPC full version.

Then the FS weather settings like distance to see clouds etc.

So are these 3 all conflicting with each other or is there one that over rides them all?

Your Activesky will override the default weather, and FSUIPC will enable it to do that. I use FSMetar because it doesn't constantly re-set my 30 mile visibility limit which I have set in FSUIPC and the default weather.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Thank you, when I first starting using ActiveSky it seemed to perform very well but in the last few days it seems like something is overriding it, the clouds look terrible and they appear all of a sudden then go again or they are like a line in the distance.

I'm not sure if something else is interfering with it or not.

In your Activesky settings, check that 2D clouds are disabled.

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

My apologies, it will be in either the FS Display or Weather settings, sorry I can't check myself I'm at w*rk!

Apologies again, I thought there a was a button but it's actually the FS weather settings:

Q) How can I get good looking clouds and reduce the 2d clouds imposters?

A) Use Ms ultra high default setup +

-Set your clouds draw distant to 40 mil, clouds % percentage to 90/100%, or with the lower slider at the bottom clouds density to MAX.

-Higher system, clouds draw distant more than to 40 mil, clouds percentage to 90/100%, clouds density to MAX.

Thanks again, that has made a difference, the clouds are a lot better now, the odd time they went patchy like little cotton wool balls.

Thank you for taking the time to help, it is people like you that make the forum worth while.

Archived