Indroduce yourself, or else!

pingless

Actually it's because I couldn't find the real 'introduce yourself' thread, so why not...?

Time waster? Yeah, no question. hundreds of hours twiddling my joystick, ooeer matron! (note to US, see Carry On films for historical reference)

My name is Ian, I'm 62, retired IT boss/nerd/fixit/noHelpdesk manager and general allround go-to guy when they screw stuff up. I've also flown a few planes for real, from the ATC Chipmunk and Sedburghs, photography hanging out of some old Cessna or other with no doors (as the camera guy, not the pilot), Cessnas and a Beechcraft twinny (once) to a lesson in an ancient but functional Folland Gnat a lifetime ago. However circumstances and medicals mean that I haven't done that for over 30 years,

And despite the language nuances I'm also English; worked in the USA for quite a bit, but safely home and resident in England. I rediscovered flightsims after about 200 years, since I last played 98 all those years ago, but work prevented me from doing much else, to be honest.

I have FS2002 and FS2004, but (as seems usual with IT staff) my antique dell clunker (despite upgrades) probably isn't capable of newer, more graphically-intense programs than I run now. I'd love to fly over a google/stattelite real image of the world... some day...

SO Hello everyone. I will pester you all incessantly (when I can...)

WHY are there no people on the ground? WHY can't I find sensible markers on the ground for a VFR circuit in England. Why have I forgotten how the h3ll to line up properly?..........

Why is Gibraltar missing?

Can I populate my favoured airports with random vehicles and just Stuff in general?

What's that yellow thing in Tokyo?

Kindest regards to all

ps apologies for length, probably the longest in all my posting history anywhere :-)

i

Time waster? Yeah, no question. hundreds of hours twiddling my joystick, ooeer matron! (note to US, see Carry On films for historical reference)

Yeah, a British thing! Ambidextrous are we?? Anyway, welcome to the craziness of the flightsim forums. Got questions??....We got answers. If you are using FS2004, it would be best to ask those questions in the FS2004 Forum.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Archived