Anyone ever succesfully uninstall FSX-SE edition?

Garfield

Long story short, got the new build, installed FSX steam (only edition that's on my computer) using Windows 8.1. I didn't take the time to layout how I would be using my SSD and HDD in combination and have already gotten issues such as the "No text or sound in the ATC menu" and "GPS not coming up or activating no matter how I try to access it" most likely when I was fooling around with things.

All I have currently is My Traffic 6 and Traffic 360 which I can easily re download from the websites and reinstall. I've only been playing around so far for half a week.

Does anyone know or has anyone ever successfully uninstalled FSX-SE edition wiping everything clean and reinstalling, I've tried to look for answers and I keep getting different stories on what registers need to be cleared as well as there being left over files that you have to manually delete.

Any help is appreciated for this noooooob.

I have successfully uninstalled the steam edition with no problems. I uninstalled it because I had it on one drive and wanted to move it to another. All I did was use the control panel\programs and features in windows to use the uninstaller for FSX-SE, but then I looked on my C drive "\documents and settings\(user name)\application data\Microsoft" folder and deleted FSX-SE which remained there, and finally ran "regedit" did a search for "FSX-SE" and deleted any entry in the registry that had it in there. Restarted my computer, ran the installer again, and it installed to my newly selected location without a hitch.

Intel I7 3770K, ASRock Z77 Extreme4 mb, 16gb Corsair Vengeance, Nvidia GTX970, Realtek surround sound, 5TB WD Black SATA Drive

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have a similiar issue. a couple of months ago, i added FSE-SE to my HDD hard drive. Last month i purchased an SSD and installed FSX-SE on that drive. Now that i have it set up, i want to delete or uninstall the FSX-SE on my HDD. When i go to the control panel and see about uninstalling but the one it shows is STEAM on the SSD. So it appears a HDD uninstall might not be possible. Anyone have any ideas?

Appreciate it man :cool:

Brian W.

I5-8400, EVGA GTX 1070.ti, 16 gigs ram, 500g Samsung SSD, 1.5 T HDD, 1 T HDD, Win 10, 64bit.

Archived