Stupid question, but I have to ask it

Very experienced flight simmer, since fs98 and before. I finally got FSX the boxed edition version 2 with acceleration. I have spent the last year downloading and adding addons into ti. All work well, the addons I bought all work well and look great.

OK so during all this time it has just been add an addon and test fly it. Now I am ready to do some actual flying. As this is and was a expensive computer to buy, I DO NOT AND WILL NOT take it online (only when I must)

So the thing is I finally turned traffic on up to 90%, I go to an airport, there are some planes at the gates, but nothing is taxiing,taking off, or landing. What am I doing wrong, How do I fix it to get active AI, and If I should buy or D/L an Ai program, it needs to be one that does not need to be connected online to run.

I am forced to bypass any kind of active weather because I refuse to go online for the programs to run. Of course if anyone can suggest something.

Thanks in advance:o

The default aircraft will not supply enough planes for an airport of any size. I highly recommend World of AI for your AI needs. There are several payware AI programs out there that others will recommend. You will need to be online for any of those so you can download, but once installed, there is no need to be online.

There are good antivirus programs out there to keep your computer safe plus malware scanners and antispyware scanners that are free.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

The AI does not taxi when your game is started. Wait 30 minutes and there should be aircraft taxiing around whatever airport you're in. I would recommend Alpha India Group for AI flight plans and install the repaints. If you do not wish how to learn this and want to install AI quickly, I would recommend World of AI or Sky AI Traffic/ICE AI. I hope this helps! If you are scared that you might get a virus, please download an antivirus program such as Norton 360, Kapersky, or Malwarebytes if you do not have any already or you have a very basic one. Scan whatever files you download right away and regularly scan your main FSX folder to detect any threats that may have gotten through. I hope this helps.

If you don't mind paying, any of the traffic payware programs will do. Hell, within seconds of starting my FSX, I see planes leaving the gates, landing/taking off, etc. (I use My Traffic X Lite)
CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

Thanks for the replies. The answer given "The default aircraft will not supply enough planes for an airport of any size. " Tells me all I need to know. I shall most likely just buy a program, It is not critical to me to have exact aircraft and exact timetables, I simply now want to have some reasonable resemblance of air traffic. Thanks again

I just flew this Bucker Jungman over default Kennedy to monitor default traffic activity, and within a couple of minutes these 6 planes (circled) began taxiing out and taking off.

But to get this amount of activity both the Airliner and General traffic sliders were at maximum, and caused some framerate lag.

Curiously, when I overflew Kennedy in another session later, there were only one or two planes taxiing out, so I suppose there's a random element as to how many planes you'll get.

I also tried overflying some smaller airports and fields and noticed there was much less traffic. I think time of day or night might affect traffic density too, and maybe bad weather will also reduce it, especially lighter planes.

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/sub2/FSX-traff_zpsbxachp27.jpg~original

As others have said an AI program is what you're looking for. There's a number of options like World of AI (freeware) or My Traffic 6, Ultimate Traffic 2, Traffic 360 (payware) all are good options that will add realism to your experience.

Archived