Cliffs around Photo' Scenery airfields

twister18

I've had to uninstall and reinstall FSX and Horizon VFR Photo' Scenery Gen.X Version 2 Southern England. I now find that the FSX default airfields do not blend with the photo' scenery but show 'cliffs' around some airfields. I do remember this feature way back when the scenery was introduced and it was subsequently corrected. Could I have help with this feature? I do have DVD discs for UK2000 Scenery Airfields - Southern England. Would installing these help? Thanks.

I can't think of a single reason in the universe not to install UK2000 airports! I think it will cure your problem as Gary includes flattening data in there.

- Paul Elliott

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Come and follow my recreation of this historic light here: HERE

FSX and Horizon VFR Photo' Scenery Gen.X Version 2 Southern England....the FSX default airfields do not blend with the photo' scenery but show 'cliffs' around some airfields...

I've got that scenery, so if you can tell me specifically which airfields have got cliffs I'll check them out and see if I'm getting cliffs too.

If I am, I'll tweak some settings to try to get rid of them and let you know how I get on.

Hi

The cliffs are at most airfields, including Biggin Hill.

Because of problems, I had to uninstall and reinstall FSX and the VFR Gen.X Photo' Scenery. I did not have these cliffs features before uninstalling. I have had this scenery for many years and do remember (I think?) that version 1 had this feature but that version 2 blended the edges of the airfields with the photo' scenery. I do not think the producers (Horizon Simulation) are still in business.

Ray

I just flew over Gen X southern england and yeah I can confirm I'm getting cliffs round airfields too, and can't get rid of them by juggling the scenery sliders.

But like Annber said, UK2000 has fixed it and I might buy it one day..:)

Quote from UK2000 website- "Airfield terrain remodelled to avoid 'Cliffs'"

UK2000- http://www.uk2000scenery.com/vfrairfields/

Archived