Huge request for help

cowbananas

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone can help me. I need an FS Recorder file (.frc) in FS2004 of a De Havilland Comet 4C (by David Maltby) or similar about fifteen seconds from landing and then coming to a slow taxi at the end of the active runway.

I'm trying to put together a pdf which would include small video clips for my father who flew the Comet and Trident back in the 60's for his birthday.I could then run the file in playback in order to record the screen.

For the life of me, I can't get the aircraft to perform this gracefully and would be very grateful if someone could help me out as I'm running out of time.

Many thanks,

Chris

chrishewitt58@talktalk.net

Hi Chris, and welcome to the Forum here at Flightsim.com

My hat's off to your father for flying the jets in the 60's. They were much more difficult to fly from startup to shut down than flying the modern jets. The old ones had mostly steam gauges, large check lists, and required more hand flying. Pilots today are little more than computer programmers compared to the pilots in his time.:pilot:

My advice, since I don't have the aircraft loaded in FS9, are these just in case you're new at flight simming.

1. Get on an approach with everything realistic including distance from AP RW, altitude and speed, proper flaps settings, etc. and save the flight.

2. For practice at first clear all weather, and land with something like 10 to 20 percent fuel instead of trying approaches and landings with full fuel, which is a common error, even for old FS pilots. :eek:

3. Then, as suggested, practice the approach and landing keeping in mind proper flaps speeds, gear down speeds, and at touch down, reverse thrust and brakes then taxi as described in David Maltby's manual on pages 8-11.

I don't have the time to load up the De Havilland Comet 4C (by David Maltby) and actually learn all the nuances of it, but I'm definitely interested in trying this one in the future.

Good luck with it and let us know if you get it sorted out.

Herk

Acer Predator AG3620-UR308, 3rd Gen. Intel Core i7-3770 processor 3.4GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 Technology up to 3.9GHz (8MB Cache), NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 SC (2GB), 2 TB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive, 12GB DDR3 SDRAM, Windows 8

• 2 weeks later...

Hey. Is it too late for this? I can install tonight and have a 'frc' for you tomorrow, Sunday, Aug 9, 2015. PM me your email. I will send it as a zip (the only way) in an email as an attachment (works ok). I hope you know how to extract from zip file. And I would like to know what paint, what airport and what time of day. Also what view? Tower view? Locked Spot view? Cockpit view? All three would not be any problem. That way you could pick the one you like best. Oh, do you want tire smoke or not? I could land it on the right main gear (just for fun) if you want (really-not kidding).

Chuck B

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

cowbananas,

I got the 'frc' for you ziped up (it's only 35 kb). All I need is an email address. It is 160 seconds. Shows approach from 4 miles out. Shows spoiler, gear, flaps and touch down (with tire chirp) and taxi to exit and stop at hold. Piece of cake.

If you can't land it it's because it's a FS2002 model with 'marginal' flight dynamics (to put it nicely) which results in it tending to want to stall at 'over the fence' even tho it's going 120 kts. Has to do with lift of flaps, etc. But I tweaked the FDEs a bit first to make frc. Will stand by. Will ck back tomorrow early.

Chuck B

Edit: Heck. Just now spoted your email link in orig post. Sending zip with frc now. Hope you like.

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Archived