How to increase font size in FSX without changing scenery and view menus

Clarindo

I have unsuccessfully searched through the forum (Font Size FSX, Changing Font Size, etc.) before resorting to this plea for assistance.

I now have FSX displays running at the ideal setting I have long looked for with the sole, bothering exception of the fact that lettering in the menu and its options are so small that it looks more like an exagerated optometrist eye-check chart.

Is there a way to increase just the font size of these letters without affecting the overall displays (cockpit, outside views, etc.)?

Searching through FSX own help also has not provided an answer (at least I couldn't find it) and further attempts are inhibited fearing unexpected problems with the current highly satisfactory overall displays.

Should this be such an unacceptable question due to its (hopefully) so simple solution please accept my apologies.

I sure hope the solution does not reside in the need for increasing the overall display resolution (thereby affecting ovearll settings for FSX) which I am now using with plenty of satisfaction and pleasure.

Many thanks for any information or comment referring to this "problem" of mine.

Clarindo

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - Intel Core i7-2600 CPU - RAM 8GB DDR3

2048MB ATI AMD Radeon R9 200 series - 3 LDE Monitors - FSX STEAM

Just found out that my problem is not FSX related - it has to do with the monitor configuration.

I use 3-monitors and just by moving a display from the main monitor to any of the other two the letters appear in acceptable size and color. Back to the main monitor these letters become minute and whitish.

Will have to face fooling around with the monitor resolution, apparently, and therefore with the overall display - as I feared.

Clarindo

Let us know how you get on, I use one monitor and have never solved the small font problem no matter how much I try different monitor resolutions.

Lower resos increase font size but the picture definition suffers, so I use a highish reso to get a good picture even though it makes the fonts small and I have to read them with a magnifying glass..:)

Let us know how you get on, I use one monitor and have never solved the small font problem no matter how much I try different monitor resolutions.

Lower resos increase font size but the picture definition suffers, so I use a highish reso to get a good picture even though it makes the fonts small and I have to read them with a magnifying glass..:)

Us old guys need new glasses!

I10.jpg

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Have you tried Control Panel-Display-Screen Resolution. At the bottom of the list

is: Make text and other items larger or smaller

Bruce

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]I5-2500k@ 4.5Ghz/ 16 GB Gskill DDR3 1600/Nvidia GTX460 1GB// CH Yoke/Pedals/Throttle/TrackIR/Win7/ Fsx Deluxe SP1 & SP2

"Don't let fear or good judgment hold you back"

For me (WinXP with Nvidia card), right click on desktop, click settings, advanced, change DPI setting from 96 to 120, then ok or apply. (you can experiment with other values in custom setting, but 120 works fine for me)

Would imagine there would be a similar setting for Win7, not sure about non-Nvidia cards.

Thanks to all of you (ScatterbranKid, mrzippy, abrussel and pandersonpc) who responded to my request.

My lack of expertise with computers leads me not to be tempted with changing DPI settings. Actually the AMD Catalyst Control Center keeps informing me that there are DPI panels attached to my system and that I should activate the Super Virtual resolution which will increase resolution and allow personalizing settings for DPI.

By manually increasing the resolution of the main monitor (now at 1680x1050 and the other two at 1360x760) I have reached a comfortable compromise with regard to text font size.

Further improvements, which you all suggested and mentioned, would be welcome but if any problems occur I would have to depend on a local technician for help.

For the moment I will enjoy it as is, and stick to the old adage that one should not fool around changing a winning team.

Thanks again,

Clarindo

Have you tried Control Panel-Display-Screen Resolution. At the bottom of the list

Bruce

Thanks! For windows 7 this is great!, it solved this issue for me.

Respectfully:

David...

"Remember, All you have to do is ask."

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2015/10/25/windows10signaturecopy.jpghttp://www.pixeljoint.com/files/icons/full/helicoptero_animado_2.gif

Bruce

Yes - and this is what got me a 150% text size within a high resolution, solving my problem.

Thanks, very much

Clarindo

Archived