Virtual airline which would suit me the best?

Overlord

Hello simmers.

I would like to join some VA but dont know which one. And I hope that some of you are already members of some VA and you could help me.

I would like to have airline which would give me flights which I should fly (does not matter if cargo or passanger). I do prefer longer international flights (of course with the game speed set to 8 or 16) if it is prohibited in VA then I prefer short flights of course.

So what I would want?

Active community in the VA

1-3 flight per week / 5 per month +-

Some menu from which I could choose the flight (to decide which flight I want to fly)

VA which allows you to fly sometimes with no payware aicraft? E.g. I love the POSKY 777 with the jbpanel this plane has everything except STAR and SID but if you are experienced enough you can paste it manually.

VA "structure" some statistics, ranked system inside the VA?

Probably VA based on real world airline (because of liveries)

Thank you

I suggest joining the largest VA, in terms of pilots (1.4K), available. It fits all your requirements with a few caveats. First, you can use time compression; however, that flight will not count towards promotion. Second, you won't be able to fly long international flights to begin with as you'll have to obtain a type rating (e.g. 777, 767, A330) to do so; yet, you can obtain a rating after 10 flights. I have belonged to a lot of different VAs and this one offers the most flexibility coupled with some standards (e.g. checkrides). Check it out here:

https://www.deltava.org/

That sounds great :) What about the game acceleration? Is it allowed? In the begining I would take shorter flights to get the hours of course, but when I will be approved to use larger aircrafts I would like to fly long flights even when it wont count :)

And what happenes when the game crashes?

And what happenes when the game crashes?

Our software saves your progress, so that if you are auto-saving in FSX you can continue where you left off/crashed/saved your progress.

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

American Flight Airways as one of the oldest VA's out there still flying today, we have a great quick progression system to get you into big planes soon after joining. While we don't allow logged acceleration flights, we do allow for jumpseating between our hubs, so if you would like you can do accelerated flights for your jump seats just to add another layer of realism.

Like many you would start with the small planes and work your way up, but once you're up you can fly any and a routes, and our route network along with our partner airline spans a good part of the globe

We have a great freeware fleet which we are in the process of updating again (we update every few years to ensure we have the best models available) and payware models are being added monthly as they come out.

For us if the game crashes, we allow you to accelerate up to the point of the crash if you don't have a convenient save file to restart from. However if you know what is causing the crash, our vast community via our forums can probably help fix your crashing problem (if it is triggered by something specific)

Find more here: http://www.flyafa.com

Assuming you're talking about Deltava, acceleration is allowed, but does not count towards promotions. Concerning hours, at DVA its about legs not hours; so, you can request for a type rating after just 10 flights...the distance between flights is irrelevant. Concerning crashes, their ACARS unit is the best I've seen, it saves your flight and much, much more. With 1.4K users, their forums are incredibly active. Check them out, I think they fit what you're looking for perceptively...

I have tried numerous VA's only to grow tired of them. But then I joined http://air-source.us/default.asp By far the best in my opinion and you are able to fly many different aircraft and private flights.

Well the air source looks good. If I understood it right there is a lot of freedom. You probably choose everything yourself and then fly. So If I want to fly short flight will take 737 if I want to fly longer flight I will take 747 or 777 etc. and I can fly for every real world airliner. But I also like the idea to the ranking system and some flight database. Database from which you can choose flight and then fly it.

Right now I' am little bit confused. Like I said I like to fly longhauls with my favourite 777 or 747. Of course there are short flights in real world with 777 especially in Japan or 747 BAW - London - Moscow. But I have to say that I do the checklists, ATC, take off, climb to cruising altitude and then turn on the acceleration, because I dont have some 6-8 hours a day to sit there and watch the plane how it flies over ocean and nothing is happening :( and FSX is demanding game on CPU so I cant play another game during this flight and it does not seem right to me, to start the flight at midnight go sleep and wake up in the morning few minutes from destination...

If I should put myself into some category I always liked simulators or games like arma / project reality. In the FSX I think that I' am about 70-75% simmer in the range 0% - 100% (hardcore simmer). I like to fly with real airliners liveries and routes based on real flight plans - it means that I wont take Lufthansa's 747-8 to fly from Mocsow to Stockholm or qatar A380 from London to Prague. I follow the STAR and SID procedures, using cheklists, looking into all kinds of charts, checking weather etc. but I like the game acceleration on the longhaul flights.

So the air source, correct me if I' am wrong please.

I cant use acceleration

I can use every aircraft and fly whatever I want - there is no database to pick some flight based on real world with assigned aircraft etc.

There is some ranking system

They use acars too

So best solution for me is to combine the short flights in Japan with their 777 (ANA or JAL) - I dont have to use acceleration there, I can fly my favourite aircraft

I also like the deltava and the virtual air canada.

It is hard to choose :(

Assuming you're talking about Deltava, acceleration is allowed, but does not count towards promotions. Concerning hours, at DVA its about legs not hours; so, you can request for a type rating after just 10 flights...the distance between flights is irrelevant. Concerning crashes, their ACARS unit is the best I've seen, it saves your flight and much, much more. With 1.4K users, their forums are incredibly active. Check them out, I think they fit what you're looking for perceptively...

Thanks what do you mean by "its about legs not hours; so, you can request for a type rating after just 10 flights...the distance between flights is irrelevant". I dont understand it much. LEGS are "points" in flight plan if it is not about hours and distance and is it about LEGS what does it mean exactly? :)

I can also vouch for http://www.deltava.org.

"Legs" in this case is referring to single flights between two airports. It doesn't matter if your leg is a 200 mile flight from Detroit to Pittsburgh or a 2,000 mile flight from Atlanta to the Caribbean. You can use time acceleration and although the flight won't count towards promotion, it will still count in your logbook and for your hours, etc. For promotion your flights only need to be 175nm so you can use those to get your promotions to the big planes and then fly however you want.

-Noah

http://s6.postimg.org/a9i0d43tt/Capture.jpg

You are correct in those air source points.

Please note that you are not forced to use the acars system unlike other VAs.

Also note that you do not have to fly long haul flights all at once. You can save and stop.

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

Hard to choose one I will start probably with the deltava and air source I also like the looking of the VA Air Canada. I like Canada I like Air Canada airline including the livery and their fleet. But as I looked here http://www.vacanada.org/v6/en/?page=livemap almost everybody flies the longhaul flights. I cant imagine what the guys do when they fly Vancouver to Sydney it s about 12 hours and I dont believe that the actually "play". I believe that they are sleeping during the flight, watching movies or they go to work and let the pc turned on :D

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Would also like to vouch for DeltaVA. Just completed my first proper hop for them yesterday evening, from Salt Lake to Grand Junction. ACARS system very comprehensive, it will even fuel and load your aircraft based on the flight plan (there may even be an option to obtain real world weather now the built in system doesn't work more often than not, though I need to find how to use it). I've only flown the 757 so far but it's a fantastic frame with super sounds - just a couple of weeks ago I was asking about heavies with a decent "internal" sounding audio and this fits the bill perfectly.

Looking forward to getting some more legs and hours accumulated in the coming weeks.

Vern.

• 2 weeks later...

Just one thing to note about DeltaVA, if you take advantage of the ACARS facility to load and resume a flight later, you need to do so wthin 40 hours of the save or it is disqualified. I'd flown the first half of a GEG-MSP flight on Tuesday, real life got in the way Wed and when I came to resume Thursday evening was told the gap was 46 hours and the flight was no longer valid. 75 minutes of my life I won't get back, but hey ho.

So Lesson No.1 is probably to RTFM (when i find it) and second if you're planning to do a long flight in several sessions make sure you can do so on consecutive days (or stick to commuter hops!).

Vern.

Just one thing to note about DeltaVA, if you take advantage of the ACARS facility to load and resume a flight later, you need to do so within 40 hours of the save or it is disqualified.

The mean reason is that the ACARS server is continually purging data from incomplete flights. If no data has been logged in over 48 hours, the server assumes the flight was abandoned and purges it. To then restore the flight would lead to all sorts of data issues.

To be frank, the facility was never really designed as a "save your flight and finish it later", mostly because I don't think flight restores (especially with payware) can ever be guaranteed to work 99.9% of the time - and even then at Delta's volumes that would imply it failed to work at least once a week. It's more a "crash recovery feature", where a success rate of 80% or so is much better than the 0% you get without it.

Cheers!

Luke

You may want to take a look at National here: http://nationalcargova.com/v2 as they may be what you are looking for. They do not make you fly for hours in order to use a payware product you spent money on and wish to fly. They have repaints and a fleet that you can use from your very first flight.

Fleet:

Primary National Fleet:

Boeing 747-400F

Boeing 777-200LRF

Boeing 757-200M (Combi/Mixed) model (Actually Modeled and available at National for the QW/QualityWings 757-200)

(Coming Soon) - CRJ-700/900

DC-8-61F

DC-8-73F

Leased Fleet/Charter Fleet:

Dash-8-Q400

737-200

737-800

727-200F

C-130

Twin Otter/Twotter

Private Jet Charters:

Cessna Citation II

Hawker 850

They also do some pretty amazing events and have a "First of its Kind" Dynamic Needs System. What I mean is, they are contracted by the vUSAF on VATSIM and their system is setup where they literally rely on us to provide them support worldwide where they need it. We must supply them with cargo, weapons, troops, food, aircraft repair parts ECT... If we do not, their ACARS will not allow them to fly their aircraft if it is damaged and they do not have the repair supplies they need to do so (Kind of like FSPassengers) won’t let you fly without your aircraft being repaired when it is damaged. They also are not able to do missions without the proper equipment.

I personally have never seen that before, and I love it!

Also their events are amazing because they give away stuff that is incredible, like for this Operation that is starting tomorrow 10/12/2015 they will be giving away $100.00 to the pilot who completes the most flights.

They also allow Time Accel upto x8 but you will only get the actual time flown, so if you fly a 8 hour flight on x8 sim rate, you will only get 1 hour credit as that is really all you flew. You do not need to use time accel, it is just there to help the pilots who don't have a lot of time due to life, work or school. They are very understanding and will work with their pilots to help them with whatever they need help with.

If your interested, give them a look. If not there are plenty of VA's out there that can offer you what you are looking for. :-)

One more note is they also allow their pilots to fly anywhere in the world since they are a on demand cargo and passenger company. Their ACARS allows you to setup and start your own flight if it is not in the system.

Take Care!

Don't misunderstand my earlier tongue in cheek comment, Delta VA is very good and was more aimed at others like myself who haven't got round to RTFM and thus end up losing the flight. The ACARS resume is a very useful feature even if not entirely intended for casual save and load.
Vern.

If your still looking then take a look at National Cargo, they do Cargo and Passenger services. They do not make you fly for hours in order to use a payware product you spent money on and wish to fly. They have repaints and a fleet that you can use from your very first flight.

Fleet:

Primary National Fleet:

-Boeing 747-400F

-Boeing 777-200LRF & Passenger Version

-Boeing 757-200M (Combi/Mixed) model (Actually Modeled and available at National for the QW/QualityWings 757-200)

-757-200 Passenger version

-(Coming Soon) - CRJ-700/900

-DC-8-61F

-DC-8-73F

Leased Fleet/Charter Fleet:

-Dash-8-Q400

-737-200

-737-800

-727-200F

-C-130

-Twin Otter/Twotter

And other airframes as well!

Private Jet Charters:

-Cessna Citation II

-Hawker 850

They also do some pretty amazing events and have a "First of its Kind" Dynamic Needs System. What I mean is, they are contracted by the vUSAF on VATSIM and their system is setup where they literally rely on us to provide them support worldwide where they need it. We must supply them with cargo, weapons, troops, food, aircraft repair parts ECT... If we do not, their ACARS will not allow them to fly their aircraft if it is damaged and they do not have the repair supplies they need to do so (Kind of like FSPassengers) won’t let you fly without your aircraft being repaired when it is damaged. They also are not able to do missions without the proper equipment.

I personally have never seen that before, and I love it!

Also their events are amazing because they give away stuff that is incredible, like for this Operation that is starting tomorrow 10/12/2015 they will be giving away "Real World" $100.00 to the pilot who completes the most flights.

They also allow Time Accel upto x8 but you will only get the actual time flown, so if you fly a 8 hour flight on x8 sim rate, you will only get 1 hour credit as that is really all you flew. You do not need to use time accel, it is just there to help the pilots who don't have a lot of time due to life, work or school. They are very understanding and will work with their pilots to help them with whatever they need help with.

If your interested, give them a look. If not there are plenty of VA's out there that can offer you what you are looking for. :-)

One more note is they also allow their pilots to fly anywhere in the world since they are a on demand cargo and passenger company. Their ACARS allows you to setup and start your own flight if it is not in the system.

National Cargo VA = http://nationalcargova.com/v2

Take Care!

• 2 weeks later...
That sounds great :) What about the game acceleration? Is it allowed?

Yes, you can do acceleration at Deltava.org. Up to 4X with ACARS software running. You can also fly your flights without ACARS and file them to get credit in your logbook. You just can't get credit for them towards promotion. Only 10 flight over 175nm flown on ACARS are needed for promotion withing your program.

Archived