FSX Default 737-800 Problems

Hey all!

I am running FSX Steam, and my default 737-800 is having slight... problems. For example when I do shift+4 to bring up the throttle quadrant, all it shows is a huge throttle quadrant covering more than the entire screen! Also, when I do shift+1 to bring up the 2D panel, my screen turns black, and when I press shift+1 again, it turns back normal with the simulator running. Sometimes when I bring up the radios, the throttles, my fps drops like a stone to 0.2/s - 4/s. Can anyone tell me why? :confused:

Below are 3 screen shots of the simulator with 737-800. First is what happens when press shift+1. It is the one with the black screen. The middle one is the huge throttles. The plane behind the throttles is the "visible screen" on my comp. Last one is the low fps.

Thanks in advance!

Daniel

2015-07-10_00002.jpg

7851478510254.jpg

3.5 fps!.jpg

Hello!

Thanks for replying. I am not using any program to do this, just default 737-800. Randomly happened all of a sudden! What is a weird windowed mode?

Thanks!

Daniel

Well, your shot# 2 looks weird with the tiny menu bar at the top and another big menu bar at the bottom of the screen. There is a program that causes FSX windowed mode to act like fullscreen mode. I think it's called psuedo-fullscreen.

Try Alt+Enter and use full screen mode and see if the popups look the same.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Well, your shot# 2 looks weird with the tiny menu bar at the top and another big menu bar at the bottom of the screen. There is a program that causes FSX windowed mode to act like fullscreen mode. I think it's called psuedo-fullscreen.

Try Alt+Enter and use full screen mode and see if the popups look the same.

Ok then. I'll try using Alt+Enter to see what happens

your images are 1000x626 pixels and the other 1000x1145 pixels.

Maybe you resized them and made them smaller, I don't know.

But if that is your screen resolution, there's an issue. Your screen will need to be at least 1024 pixels wide for fsx to display correctly (as far as I know).

Your second image is higher then it is wide. (1000x1145). Are you using the monitor in portrait mode perhaps? With the screen set vertically?

And what is the default resolution of that display?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think with 768vertical it is not surprising the throttle quadrant is so large.

I remember when I had my old 15 inch monitor it was 1024x768 and all the popup panels were huge. As my monitors got larger over the years, the panel got relatively smaller.

(Relatively, because I think they are still coming up the exact same size. But because the screen is larger they now dont fill the screen any more.)

Your monitor is probably 20.5 or 21 inch widescreen, which is the same physical height as an old 5 inch 1024x768.

But anyway, it should work fine.

About why the screen goes black, no idea.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have a 15.6 inch monitor, and my throttles are huge! Is it normal to be like that on a 1366x768 monitor?

Thanks

No, the quadrant should not be that large and I just noticed that all of the writing/words on that poped up panel are extremely blurred.

Look at your panel.cfg and see if your [Window03] looks like this:

[Window03]

//file=ECU\ecu_background.bmp

size_mm=265,394

position=0

visible=0

BACKGROUND_COLOR=0,0,0

ident=THROTTLE_PANEL

gauge00=B737_800!ECU, 0, 0

Do all of your popup panels on other default aircraft show like the one in the 737-800? If so, then I suspect a resolution problem with your monitor and FSX.

In your FSX.cfg under [Display] do you have:

WideViewAspect=True

In my fsx.cfg it says "WideViewAspect=False"

No problem with WideViewAspect=0. In your panel.cfg check these 2 items.

[VIEWS]

VIEW_FORWARD_WINDOWS=MAIN_PANEL,GPS_PANEL,THROTTLE_PANEL,OVERHEAD_PANEL

VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=-1.000, 0.000, 0.000

AND

[Default View]

X=0

Y=0

SIZE_X=8192

SIZE_Y=3600

It sounds like something got changed in the panel.cfg since it only affects the 737-800.

The view and the default view part is the same as you posted. Do I need to change it so it says WideViewAspect=0?

Thank you

You could try changing it to be =True to see if there is any difference. True and False are the 2 entries. If all else fails, it looks like you need an entire 737-800 folder. Did you do a backup of your entire FSX folder at the time of installation? If not, then a Repair is what will be needed.

Did you do any changes in the aircraft.cfg camera views for that aircraft?

Do you think it is possible if you could put your 737 folder as an attachment to your reply so I can download it?

You couldn't use someone else's B737 folder due to all of the liveries and panel tweaks, some of which would point to gauges you don't have. Plus, you shouldn't have to use someone else's folder... :eek:

Best solution is to restore your B737 folder from backup.

You can do a repair from Steam that will fix your B737 folder back to bone-stock, but it will also put ALL of your folders back to bone-stock, so if you have any modifications you should back those up first so you can drop them back in after the repair. You can get the repair function by right-clicking the FSX shortcut in Steam, then Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game Cache.

i7-10700K @3.8-5.1GHz, 32GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM, GTR-2060 Super 8GB, 2x SSDs

Archived