Top hat control?

meterman07

Unfortunately NO. There is a free plug-in you can install and map through the settings menus, but personally, I found it difficult, so gave up. One of the reasons my X-Plane rarely gets used. Why it has not been added in an update I do not know.

Sent from my tablet thingy!

I have a Saitek yoke. Under Joystick&Equipment settings, tab labeled Button: Basic, I set it to the General command: tilt up, down, left, right. This works for me. Is that what you mean?
Intel Core i7 x980 @ 3.33Ghz, Cores: 6, HT: Disabled, ASUS Rampage III Extreme, 24.0 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 PC3 12800 DDR3, EVGA GeForce GTX 690, 4GB GDDR5 SDRAM, LG 4K 52" TV, Antec Kuhler H20 620 Liquid CPU Cooler, Antec Quattro-1200 Power Supply, Win-10 Pro 64-bit. (Built: 01/13/2011)

Depends on how you interpret the OP's question. Can you get the eight point 360 degree hat switch view without adding a plug-in? Not to my knowledge. If you have a solution to the initial problem, please share. I for one would be happy to have full hat switch panning without having to fiddle with the plug-in.

Sent from my tablet thingy!

• 2 weeks later...

I use the top hat control on my CH Yoke as follows for 4 positions.

Forward set to General Control tilt Down,

Backwards set to General control tilt up,

Hat switch to left -General control Pan left,

Hat switch to right - General control Pan right.

Rocker switch to General control left and General control right.

Archived