Piper Cherokee 6/300 for FSX

hyenafur

Been trying to get the ones built for FS2002/4 to work on FSX, and it's been a bit of a mixed bag. Anyone know of one that actually works for FSX or of any groups like Carenado that are planning on making one?

I haven't got any experience of Cherokees for FSX or FS2004, but I've got quite a few other types that were made for FS2004 but work fine in FSX, or else work fine after applying fixes and tweaks etc.

What exactly happens when you try to fly an FS2004 Cherokee in FSX, is the flight model skewed. or the graphics wonky, or is it missing the instrument panel etc?

Maybe there's a possible fix out there we can help you with.

PS- I just ran a google search for 'FSX Cherokee' and several hits came up, but none seem to be the 6/300 model you want.

As a matter of interest is there any particular nostalgic reason you want that model, for example did you propose to your wife in one back in the 1960's? Groovy, man..;)

As rudyjo suggested, you should get the A2A Cherokee. It has all of the systems modeled, great sounds, and every tiny detail you can think of, and it flies like you wouldn't believe. I've had a Cherokee 6 model for FS2004 (I think), but I don't have it installed right now, so I don't know if it works with FSX. I'll see if I can find it and let you know.

Intel I7 3770K, ASRock Z77 Extreme4 mb, 16gb Corsair Vengeance, Nvidia GTX970, Realtek surround sound, 5TB WD Black SATA Drive

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived