Sad News, Although Local to KLMT

An OIT student and instructor pilot wre killed yesterday. No details or names are yet available.

The Aviation Training Program at OIT has been closed temporarily.

I hope it doesn't stay closed...

Pat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

• 4 months later...
Oh ok! That just sucks! Families of the two killed are in my prayers. To be honest, I don't think that a single crash is worth permanently shutting down that airfield. I think the FAA shut it down temporarily so the NTSB could investigate what went wrong.

1+1=cow :p

"WE jumped out a WINdow!" -Baymax (from Big Hero 6)

Certainly sorry when anyone dies early! Prayers for their family!

I don't expect there is any chance KLMT will be closed for a long spell. It's too big.

Heck I just landed there with ORBX FTX and even saw a Blackbird parked next to the duty!! What the heck is a Blackbird doing at KLMT?

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Heck I just landed there with ORBX FTX and even saw a Blackbird parked next to the duty!! What the heck is a Blackbird doing at KLMT?

A mission over to Russia or China? They don't tell me nuffin...

Actually, it wasn't KLMT that was closed. Just the Flight School that OIT was running. They had classes at the campus on the north end of Klamath Falls, ground school, Aeroneautical Engineering and so on, and just held the actual Flight time out of KLMT.

No WAY is the Air Force going to close down the field for the ONLY F-15 school they have. Their flight ops actually picked up just a hair since they didn't have to dodge that fricken Cessna with a brand new student in it! You know how the fast movers are about that.

And FedEx continues it's daily runs in here too. I'm not sure what they use, but I know it's a STOL bird, because they can slide into Chiloquin State Airport (2S7) if KLMT is closed for weather, exersizes by the AF, and so on. Chiloquin isn't the biggest airport, either...

The US Forest Service and so on even utilize Chiloquin here when there's a large forest fire nearby for a helicopter refuel/repair facility. Melita's loves it. Restaurant/motel/storage place. Darn good food, too. Just a short walk across all two lanes of US95 from the transient parking.

No new info yet. You all know how the NTSB can be about releasing info...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived