AI Traffic Time vs. actual "world" time issue...

airfrance

Hey all,

I hope my title makes some kind of sense. Basically what I mean is my AI traffic seems to be confused as to what time it is. I've had this problem for as long as I can remember and now I'm looking for some kind of solution. It's pretty straight forward what I mean.

When it's 6:00am in the sim, my AI traffic thinks it's 5:00am. No flights will depart until 7:00am, which the AI traffic thinks THAT is 6:00am. I hope that makes sense. My AI traffic is basically an hour behind of what the real time is. All traffic .bgls are like this. Any ideas as to what is causing this and how to fix it?

-Nick. W

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Dell XPS 8500 Intel i7 Quad Core Processor 3.50Ghz, 24GB ram, GeForce GTX 660ti 1.5GB GDDR5, 2TB hard drive, 24 inch LCD monitor, FSX Gold. :D

Does this happen all year?

Sounds like a Daylight Savings Time issue.

peace,

the Bean

Yes, it happens all times of the year, regardless of if it is daylight savings or not. It's always one hour behind of what it should be.

-Nick. W

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Dell XPS 8500 Intel i7 Quad Core Processor 3.50Ghz, 24GB ram, GeForce GTX 660ti 1.5GB GDDR5, 2TB hard drive, 24 inch LCD monitor, FSX Gold. :D

Is your sim set to use System Time or Flight Time?

Is your default flight saved in the same time zone as the one you live in?

Are you using any time manipulation apps or FSUIPC to control sim time?

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Is your sim set to use System Time or Flight Time?

Is your default flight saved in the same time zone as the one you live in?

Are you using any time manipulation apps or FSUIPC to control sim time?

peace,

the Bean

I've set the sim time to both system time and sim time. I'm using FSUIPC but it's set to use real time. No matter what I do, all the AI flights are always one hour behind of what they should be.

-Nick. W

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've set the sim time to both system time and sim time. I'm using FSUIPC but it's set to use real time. No matter what I do, all the AI flights are always one hour behind of what they should be.

OK, so what is your procedure for determining this?

What tools are you using and what steps are you taking to come to this conclusion?

peace,

the Bean

Never argue with idiots.

OK, so what is your procedure for determining this?

What tools are you using and what steps are you taking to come to this conclusion?

peace,

the Bean

I build all my own AI traffic, using the traffic files from AIG, Ghiom, WoA, etc... I open the .bgls using AI Flight Planner where I can do any of the editing I need to do. I'm using a random flight I found from an Alaska Airlines bgl.

It is flight number 531, Burbank, CA to Seattle, WA. It indicates on Tuesdays, it will leave BUR at 0700 departing for SEA and arrive at 0935. See the image below.

alaskaexample.jpg

If I sit at BUR, this aircraft will not push back until after 0800, an hour later than it should.

-Nick. W

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just to show you in action, here you go... Tuesday morning at 0800, flight 531 finally pushes back, an hour after it is suppose to have.

alaskaexample3.jpg

alaskaexample2.jpg

-Nick. W

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OK, I see a couple things.

First, you are using a really old version of AIFP, which is up to version 3+, in case you want to consider updating.

Second, the AIFP screenshot shows you using UTC-8, we are in DST right now so we are UTC-7.

If you check the "Local Times" box and then the "Summer" radio button I bet you will see that departure time change to 08:00 PDT.

All flight plans are UTC. The sim does not adjust them for DST. All summer flights leave an hour later than winter flights.

peace,

the Bean

Never argue with idiots.

OK, I see a couple things.

First, you are using a really old version of AIFP, which is up to version 3+, in case you want to consider updating.

Second, the AIFP screenshot shows you using UTC-8, we are in DST right now so we are UTC-7.

If you check the "Local Times" box and then the "Summer" radio button I bet you will see that departure time change to 08:00 PDT.

All flight plans are UTC. The sim does not adjust them for DST. All summer flights leave an hour later than winter flights.

peace,

the Bean

Yeah, lol. I know I'm using a really old version. I'm just so used to this one, I'd be afraid to switch but maybe it's time.

Secondly, I have tried changing it to local times and then using the summer setting and it still does the same thing. I will try changing it to UTC -7 and see what that does but I live in LA where it's UTC-8, at least I thought it was.

-Nick. W

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I will try changing it to UTC -7 and see what that does but I live in LA where it's UTC-8, at least I thought it was.

Let's see ..... Eastern Daylight Savings Time is 4 hours behind UTC (-4) ... Los Angeles, PDST, is 3 hours behind (-3) EDST. So ....... it seems that PDST would be (-4) + (-3) = -7 hours behind UTC!

Why there's your problem! You've been living in a fool's paradise! Try resetting your life's time frame and use Swiffer to clean your floors!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Let's see ..... Eastern Daylight Savings Time is 4 hours behind UTC (-4) ... Los Angeles, PDST, is 3 hours behind (-3) EDST. So ....... it seems that PDST would be (-4) + (-3) = -7 hours behind UTC!

Why there's your problem! You've been living in a fool's paradise! Try resetting your life's time frame and use Swiffer to clean your floors!

Okay! So how do I change that in the sim? Or is this something I have to do individually for each and every traffic.bgl file?

-Nick. W

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You don't need to change anything in the sim - your picture of the FS time dialog box shows that you are -7 hours from GMT, just as you should be (15 - 7 = 8 am). What you need to do instead is change the drop down box in AIFP to -7 from GMT, which is the correct value. I don't know why Don has Pacific Time listed as -8, since that's incorrect. Then AIFP will display a departure time of 8 am, which is the correct time.

Tom Gibson

CalClassic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.com

Archived