POSKY Boeing 747 400 nose gear problem

ctatlow

I have added a Posky Boeing 747 400 to my fs9 and then added a third party panel to it, which has caused the nose gear to point side ways and be unable to be moved straight. I have tried re downloading it but it still has the same issue with the nose gear. Could anyone help me with this please?

Thanks in advance,

Charlotte

The Poskies use XML gauges to control animations like the nose gear.

When you changed the panel you needed to add those gauge callouts to the new panel.cfg and copy the gauges to the new panel folder. BTW, those gauges are probablu just a folder or 2 with some .XML files in them.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

I have added the folder with the .xml files to the panel and then the gauge call outs that reference to each of them including the Posky debug lines as well. Now the nose gear is straight but as soon as it has come to a halt on the runway the nose gear sinks into the ground.

Could anyone tell me what I can do to fix this?

Thank you for your reply Stringbean.

It 's the B747-400V4_ RB211-524G.

I did the download and install with no additional panel changes. It looks OK sitting on the runway.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]180967[/ATTACH]

POSKY aircraft will usually have an alternate set of contact points in the aircraft.cfg listed under [Contact Points]. The alternate ones have // in front of them. To use them, delete the // and put // in front of the original ones. It's worth a try! :D

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Mr. Zippy for your help, sorry it has taken so long to reply.

Changing the contact points has made some improvement the plane now taxis ok and takes off and lands ok, but as soon as you apply the brakes the nose gear sinks into the floor. It then raises back up when the brake is released, but with damage done to the underneath of the plane because of its contact with the runway.

Can anyone help me with this?

With thanks in advance

Charlotte

OK, Charlotte, from the several POSKY 747-400V4 RB211-524G aircraft that I could find, doing a hi-speed taxi test and slamming on the brakes, the nosewheel sunk a tiny bit into the ground then popped up the aircraft nose slightly, with the gear flexing up and down.

No damage to the underside of the aircraft. It may be time for another POKSY 747 model.

I should have also mentioned in my previous post, I remember having nose wheel problems with Posky 747 too. But I don't remember if it was not turning, was always sideways, or sinking into the ground. But I did find a fix file back then. b747-v4_opensky_fix.

This is what the readme in it says...

Fix for: PROJECT OPENSKY BOEING 747-300-400 Passenger V4.

this New (aircraft.cfg) file for all PROJECT OPENSKY BOEING 747-300-400 Passenger V4

fix the difficulty you have to turn with these aircrafts when you move on the taxiway.

Hello,

Fix here:

FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 Jetliners

FS2004 Fix For Project Open Sky Boeing 747 V4

[ Download | View ]

Name: b747-v4_opensky_fix.zip Size: 83,962 Date: 12-04-2010 Downloads: 444

FS2004 Fix For Project Open Sky Boeing 747 V4. This new aircraft.cfg file for all Project Open Sky B747-300 and -400 passenger v4 fixes the difficulty you have to turn with these aircraft when you move on the taxiway. By Delblond Christian.

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?do=copyright&fid=151948

Regards.http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/a/bye.gif

If you gave a couple of monkeys a box of ballpoints, enough paper, and enough time, they'd eventually finish up writing the complete works of Shakespeare :)

Thanks for everyone's help. Posky Boeing 747 is now fixed. It needed the second set of contact points in the aircraft.cfg and then RCChopper's recommendation to the forums.simviation.com link was helpful for strengthening the nose gear to stop it sinking when braking.

Regards to all

Charlotte

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, I've got the same problem with collapsing nose wheel into the ground with Posky 747-200/Ready for pushback marge. I'm trying different contact points sets but without success. Could you ctatlow write what you exactly done o fix it?

I thought he described fairly well what he did to fix it, did you try the fix file he referenced and I had posted about?

Charlotte explained what she did to fix it in post#13, a combination of new contact points and readjusting the the dampening effect on the nose gear.

Yes, she did. I was interested what values she used in dampening effect. RCChopper I have tried your contact points but they haven't worked for me. I manage to solve problem by myself, anyway thank you for your response.

Regards

Archived