Question about teaching my 8 year old son the basics of flight

tazcbr600

Hi guys and gals, been out of simming for a while raising my family but now they are getting older so I'm back. My 8 year old son is enamored with flight and I want to teach him. I'm looking for something that doesn't seem to exist but here it goes. Is there a product that allows me to speak into a microphone and it plays into his headset. I am currently using a splitter so we can both hear the tower instructions but if course if I can make it more realistic I will. Anyone of you fs9 gurus have any ideas or leads for me to look into? Thanks in advance for all your help. Can't tell you how happy I am to be back. Happy independence day all!

Steve R.

The windows Volume Control has a "mixer" function which will allow you to mix the sounds (Microphone and FS) together in whatever volume combination you want and play the result into the standard headset. Have you tried it?
Steve from Murwilllumbah.

I'm going to start with the windows mixer function and if that doesn't work then I'll look into purchasing something. I've been out a few years, it's nice to know there are still good people in the forum. At 42 I was thinking I was getting to old to play pilot but now I have a new reason. Now if I could just get the wife onboard. But that's a different post completely. :pilot:>

Now if I could just get the wife onboard. But that's a different post completely. :pilot:>

HaHaHa, tell me about, my partner just doesn't understand, and now I am building a cockpit she's sure I am having a mid life crisis.

AMD 9590 5Ghz, Asus 990X Sabertooth, Asus 285 Strix, 8Gb Ram x2 RipJaws, Corsair Hydro H100, Corsair CM750M, 2TB Short Stroked HDD, Samsung 120Gb SSD for OS, x3 ViewSonic VX2370 LED Frameless Monitors. x1 Semi Understanding Partner.

Archived