No Buildings At Freeware Airport

I have installed a freeware scenery (cykf-waterloo_intl_airport_canada.zip ) of a nearby airport. Installation was from an installer, and properly placed the Scenery and Texture folders in the Addon Scenery folder of Microsoft Flight Simulator X.

WIth FSX's scnery manager, I have activated the new scenery and it now resides first in the list.

I have no buildings! I have trees, static aircraft and parked cars, airfield crates and windsocks etc, just no buildings. Looks funny.

Is anyone able to suggest why this may be happening?

I am running DX10 with Steve's DX10 Fixer.

Try juggling the 'Scenery complexity' and 'Autogen density' sliders in Options>Settings>Display>Scenery.

The more to the right they are, the more buildings and ground objects you'll get.

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/sub2/FSX-graphD_zpshtdfhvwb.jpg~original

This view is with the sliders towards the right, you get buildings, radio mast and water tower (circled) and 3D trees etc-

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/sub2/FSX-graphA_zpsqea9yhfp.jpg~original

And this view is with the sliders towards the left, you lose the buildings, radio mast, water tower and 3D trees. (the bushes are flat 2D)-

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/sub2/FSX-graphC_zpsnl9chr2l.jpg~original

Thanks Scatterbrain ... I really was hoping that was the easy solution. Unfortunately, even at "very dense", still no buildings. Highly unusual, I don't have similar prolems anywhere else. Perhaps this scenery package doesn't even have buildings.

Uh......I found your missing buildings! I took two shots at ground level while parked in front of two different buildings and one top-down view. I circled the buildings in RED. I think they sprung a leak and need to be re-inflated!

CYKF top down.JPG

Building CYKF 2.JPG

Buildings CYKF.JPG

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Seems this airport has a bit of an Orbxlibs dependency. Here's the difference in this airport first with and then without the Orbxlibs enabled in the scenery library:

http://www.cat-tamer.com/flightsim/atchmnts/CYKF_01.jpg

http://www.cat-tamer.com/flightsim/atchmnts/CYKF_02.jpg

Even with the orbxlibs active there are 25 missing GUIDs which are probably dependencies on Orbx products I don't have installed.

Seems this airport has a bit of an Orbxlibs dependency. Here's the difference in this airport first with and then without the Orbxlibs enabled in the scenery library:

http://www.cat-tamer.com/flightsim/atchmnts/CYKF_01.jpg

http://www.cat-tamer.com/flightsim/atchmnts/CYKF_02.jpg

Even with the orbxlibs active there are 25 missing GUIDs which are probably dependencies on Orbx products I don't have installed.

That's either one big-fannied airplane or a midget airport! ;)

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I looked at this download and I think a bunch of the buildings are by Art Poole.

Art has a bunch of addons in the library and you can find his libraries there.

I have a few of his libraries and they are named Airport_Buildings_AP*.bgl

If those are Orbx objects and they find out, this download will disappear from the library.

Using their objects is a no-no.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

I was wrong on this, I just realised CYKF is one of the Orbx freeware FTXG airports and I have them installed so that's where the Orbxlib objects came from. I don't have any buildings either if I disable the FTXG airport. According to IS2 the windsock and segmented circle are the only Orbx objects in this scenery. :)

Thanks all for your contributions ... there certainly is some interesting observations. Ruling out any reference to these objects as being Orbx based, the next hope is that these objects could be any developed by Art Poole?

Mr. Poole appears to be a very creative and unselfish individual for contributing to the library of FSX downloads! I'm very impressed and have to look into his offerings closer.

But with so many of his scenery packages available, would one suggest to have to download ad install all in the hopes of catching the same objects used in my OP CYKF?

If you do an Advanced Search with Art Poole in the this exact wording or phrase: field you will be returned all of his packages in chronological order, newest first.

You can then view the contents of each package by clicking on the View link under the package title.

Hint: if you hold down the Ctrl key when you click on the View link it will open in another tab so you do not have to keep hitting the Back link to return to the list.

What you are looking for is files named Airport_Buildings_AP*.bgl

I think I have 3 or 4 of them on my FS computer. If you get the newest version of each you should be fully covered.

Note that when I checked this I was still missing a couple buildings so he probably used other libraries too, that I do not have.

Some developers do not understand that when you create scenery like this guy did, the files he released do not contain the models, only the placement data. Which is fine if he would have also included a list of the libraries he used.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Thanks Bean for the support. I'mgoing a bit off-topic now, but I found one of Mr. Poole's scenery packages that have some "Airport_Buildings_AP*.blg within it's structure. I have no objections to installing this scenery, it looks quite nice, but what would I need to do to use these for the CYKF package where I initially need them? I don't want to start going around guessing and making a whole mess of things.

Hi,

I'm not following exactly what's going on here but I did a bit of investigating as to the missing buildings at CYKF. It appears that the scenery was created by Fernando Angel Gonzalez and he has well over 200 scenery packages available on Flightsim. I found his email address. It's "ferangel2000@hotmail.com". I don't speak Spanish, which apparently is his native language, so I felt that someone who was bi-lingual would have better luck contacting him regarding the missing scenery objects, than I. Any volunteers?

Jim F.

Archived