Do I Need To Install Acceleration?

bushp04

Having already installed the FSX Gold Deluxe package, I noticed another disk in the box entitled "Acceleration" (has image of jet fighter on it).

Question: Is it necessary for this disk to be installed to achieve full performance of the FSX Sim? The manual, if that's what one wants to call it, woefully lacks any instruction in this regard (or for that matter, any instructions---not that one needs them---other than to know whether all disks are required.)

The sim flies without my having loaded the Acceleration disk, but all the aircraft appear stretched or flattened somewhat.

FSX already takes up 172Gb of my installed 240Gb SSD with only a couple of add-ons!

Should I load Acceleration?

Any constructive comments are welcome and appreciated.:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Fly Southern, Y'all"

bushp04

Yes! and then afterwards if you have any difficulties...check back here with the gurus regarding any tweaks you need but tell them exactly what your problem is and they will help you as they have helped me in the past...my machine with Gold and Accel are running darn good now....good luck.....al v

If it was me, I would. No question. It seems to be better over-all.

PLUS, you get the F/A-18C!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Here's the install routine:

Install FSX, Run the sim to the initial screen, register as you go.

Quit

Install Acceleration.

Repeat start, register approach.

Acc contains bug fixes, enhancements and new aircraft and situations. You've paid for it so why wouldn't you install it?

Out of interest, why is it called "Acceleration" when it just "contains bug fixes, enhancements and new aircraft and situations"?

"Acceleration" suggests the planes take off quicker!

Because it includes carrier launches.

Thanks, guys, for the good replies.

I stand corrected on disk space useage.:o It's 172Gb FREE, 55+GB used, and I've remained quicker on the download than I remember from FS9--I think I've already brought 14 new planes into the hangar! Two or three came from my external HDD where guess what is stored? FS9!!

Appreciate the Acceleration positives. I guess I'll give her a shot and see, using mallcott's suggested install routine.

Much obliged to all responders!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Fly Southern, Y'all"

bushp04

Archived