Missing PAPI lights on rwy 25L and 25R at KLAX

Bobsk8

I flew into KLAX last night on the ILS and noticed that there were no PAPI lights on either 25L or 25R runway. All other PAPI lights at airports I have flown to work normally. I Googled the topic and found a couple of posts dating back to 2010 with FSX stating the same thing, missing PAPIs on the 25 L and R. The airport data says the lights should be there, but it did not state that back in 2010 apparently. I am wondering if someone launches a start with either P3D or FSX at KLAX 25L or 25 R, do you see PAPI lights from the runway threshold, or are they just not there in either FSX or P3D?

• 2 weeks later...
According to the Airport/Facility Directory, Jun 25 2015 to Aug 20 2015, KLAX runways 25L & 25R are equipped with PAPIs.

http://aeronav.faa.gov/afd/25jun2015/sw_143_25JUN2015.pdf

Now as to why you don't see them in FSX, I don't know for certain. My first guess would be is KLAX hadn't installed them when the database for FSX was created.

The data on airports in FSX and P3D is from 2006, and they did not have Papi lights then at that airport.

The data on airports in FSX and P3D is from 2006, and they did not have Papi lights then at that airport.

I knew that the FSX database was from 2006, but I am surprised there hasn't been any updates since for P3D.

Archived