Lost use of ALT + TAB to toggle between open programs

paulrunge

Used it before to go between FSX and FSMap, and Outlook etc. Recently re-built *.CFG file and now it doesn't work. I have disabled Aero in windows, but remember there were some other settings to change also. Using Task Manager is not really optimal.

Assistance please ?

Thanks.

Paul

Intel Core i7-7700 @ 3.6 GHz 8GB

nVidia GTX 1070 8GB Ram

Ram 20 DDR-3-1600MHz

WIN 10 Pro(64bit)

HP Envy 27" HD 4K

P3D v4.5.14.34698

Multiple ORBX Scenery

• 2 weeks later...
Yes it does work outside of FSX smoothly. I am thinking it might be a "mouse" setting inside FSUIPC (pay version), but the manual is mute on that little detail...

nVidia GTX 1070 8GB Ram

Ram 20 DDR-3-1600MHz

WIN 10 Pro(64bit)

HP Envy 27" HD 4K

P3D v4.5.14.34698

Multiple ORBX Scenery

Paul, after your reply I had another look. In fsx I can assign a keyboard shortcut for >Tab<. but not for>AltTab<.>

I was thinkink maybe you assigned that to something, and then it would no longer do the task switching perhaps. But it seems that can not be it then.

I decided to post this anyway, because, I don't have registered FSUIPC. Maybe with the registered version you can assign >AltTab

il88pp.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

hi Paulrunge,

I see over in the other thread you have a issue with the scroll wheel as well. And that you are looking at fsuipc as a possible source for both issues.

Could well be the cause.

It seems that could indeed cause both issues.

But, I'm thinking it could be something else. Something that would also affect both these functions.

(Follows a personal tale: )

I had some issues with the mouse and keyboard the last 24 hours.

I have a wireless keyboard-mouse combo with a small thumstick drive size reciever that goes in a usb port.

Today, a few times I got no response from either the mouse or the keyboard. The only way to get it going was to unplug the wireless reciever from the usb port, and plug it back in. Then the keyboard worked again.

I didn't make much of it. But then I noticed something else.

I plugged in a USB stick, and normally that one shows up as "KINGSTON" in 'my computer'.

Now it showed up as "removable drive H"

I tried a Reboot, a 'Disconnect from wall socket and wait 5 minutes", and a "Load Optimised Defaults in BIOS". Nothing.

Then I went into the case and manually reset the BIOS.

(And of course then went back into the BIOS to set up my systems settings and preferences.)

All fixed. (Well, the KINGSTON was again showing with the correct drive label, and I have not seen anything else amiss either. I just did not spend much time checking.

Why do I tell you all this. Yesterday my USB devices acted funny too. There was a issue with the keyboard not showing what I had typed, or after a log delay. And the joystick creating a bank angle without any input. I'll post a link later.

I'm thinking you use a keyboard-mouse wireless combo (logitech?) just as I do. So You may have a similar USB devices issue.

A lot of things there you can try. From unplugging-replugging the usb reciever, to resetting the BIOS.

(Oh and speaking of the BIOS, stay out of there if you have no idea what it is yet. Look it up first and take your time. The settings in there have a lot of effect on your computer parts, and wrong settings could even damage those. If you have never gone in there, ask for help before you do.)

One thing I hadn't yet mentioned. Weird keyboard-mouse errors like you have could also be caused by a conflict between two connected usb devices.

Or, by having a usb device connected that is damaged.

>>Disconnect all usb devices, then connect the keyboard-mouse, then start fsx, and see if the scroll wheel works.

If it works, reconnect the other devices one by one, and test in fsx after each one if the scroll wheel and Alt -Tab still work.

stay methodical:)

il.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

Well, that is an interesting chain of thought. I will not touch BIOS though.

That being said, everything you mentioned that happened to you - same for me. I have tried disconnecting the mouse (wireless) and the keyboard (lighted USB cord) - all logitech. I had a major issues with neither working all day! Tried all sorts of recovery methods and boot options and it finally fixed itself.

I then could not get FSX to start ("...fatal error..." etc). There is virtually nothing on the net that works for this brand new error for me...and those I tried were witch doctor things taht sounded and were - ridiculous.

Now....for some reason.....re-installing FSX SP1+2 and deleting FSX.cfg and allowing FSX to re-build it was key to getting the keyboard and mouse working again and starting FSX.

So with many days of angry fiddling I am right back where I started - mouse wheel doesn't work in FSX!!! I will perhaps try a bigger sledge hammer next!!!

But before I do that, I will try the idea of the USB receiver process you tried. Why is this all so random?

Anyway. Good post il. Misery loves company as they say....

Paul

nVidia GTX 1070 8GB Ram

Ram 20 DDR-3-1600MHz

WIN 10 Pro(64bit)

HP Envy 27" HD 4K

P3D v4.5.14.34698

Multiple ORBX Scenery

Archived