FSX undock window problem

HI I have a problem when i undock the Radio shack. I can undock it OK but when i try to move it to another monitor i get a picture of the whatever is on the main monitor even though the title of the undocked screen is Radio shack. Even on the main screen if i undock the radio shack and try to change a setting it reverts back to a picture of the main screen again under the heading of Radio shack. Any help in resolving this most welcome David Stokes

This is interesting. Since any weeks I have the same problem, but fortunatly if I put it on my second monitor there the gauges became their own outfit!? The attached picture shows the instrument GPS (the right one) but you see the instrument only on the second monitor. Back to the main monitor it loses the instrumentlook and the main background is behind.

Sorry I can't help you what the reason could be for this issue:confused:

best regards

Christian

Fehlanzeige.jpg

happy landings! Christian:pilot:

Intel i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHZ, 4 Kerne, 16 GB

MSI RX 480; M. SATA WD 500 GB;

WD RED PRO 2TB Win 10, 64 bit; FSX Gold Acc.

• 1 month later...

David,

Did you get this resolved? I had this working correctly and then some setting changed and now I have the same issue as you.

In the 737NGX, I click Main Panel DU. The pop-up appears but it shows the main screen. I then Undock and drag it to the second monitor. It then changes to the Main Panel DU.

I think click the Lower DU, noticed it again shows the main panel, undock and drag it to the second monitor to the right of the Main Panel DU. The screen changes like the Main Panel DU did. HOWEVER, it displays the Main Panel DU. So on the second monitor, I have 2 Main Panel DU. I checked the menu option View + Instrument Panel and I see both Main Panel DU and Lower DU are both checked.

My next option is to review the fsx.cfg and aircraft.cfg to see if there's some setting that's incorrect. Or rebuild the fsx.cfg again.

Hi,I am having similar problems that just appeared with no changes made by me. FMC And ND revert to ND on my second monitor.the FMC is hidden but can be opened under the ND display however the Undoc frame window stays open. PMDG 737 NGX. I am using a 27inch monitor and for my main a 50 inch UHD television. This has been working very well for a year now. Upgraded to Win10 with very little problems, Ezdoc but easily fixed. Initially the undoc windows were fine and suddenly this new issue. Hope someone finds a fix

Gabriel

This could be due to mislabaled panels in the panel config. I had a similar issue where my throttle was labelled as overhead panel but it worked find in Windows 7. Windows 10 it would flicker between the overhead in the background and the actual throttle in the foreground, until I labelled them correctly manually.
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello,

Same with me , In my opinion it is in relation with the latest Nvidia Driver ...

I move the windows to my 3rd monitor and there it is OK....

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win10 Pro X64

This issue occurred with my older Nvidia drivers.I have now updated the Nvidia drivers to the latest win10 version. The issue affects all aircraft and not only PMDG so must be a problem in FSX. This also applies only in windowed view. In full screen view the undocked panels work perfectly with the second monitor background black. Undocked SF2crew main panel is also affected. I feel the problem is in a setting in my windowed view mode. Any ideas ?

Gabriel

Hi,

After trying many things, deleting Ezdoc and fsconfig I stumbled on an apparent solution! Thinking it may be a resolution issue I changed to a lower setting and also unclicked anti aliasing. This seemed to fix the problem . Reset higher resolution with no problem. If I click anti aliasing the issue returns. May be related to DX 11.2 in Win 10 It worked for me Gabriel.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Archived