Theatrical Spotlight in All Views?

HoggyDog

In both Cockpit and Exterior views of the gate area at FSX default KATL, I am getting this weird, round theatrical spotlight effect that moves as I pan around. Anybody got a clue why this is happening and how I can fix it?

Cockpit view

Spotlight-Cockpit.jpg

Exterior view

Spotlight-Exterior-1.jpg

Exterior view- spotlight on both concourses

Spotlight-Exterior-2.jpg

The spotlight effect seems to remain a constant size relative to my display, about 1/3 the size of my display width.

i7-10700K @3.8-5.1GHz, 32GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM, GTR-2060 Super 8GB, 2x SSDs

Only in rain I bet? Same issue I have. Thought it had something to do with FSDreamteam's airport but it also happens to me at defaults. (Only in rainy weather though) Zip, in my case, my plane is cold and dark; no lights on....
CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

No rain, but dusk setting? Or dawn? Either way, seems to happen when it's dark outside. I just checked mine. Daytime, no issue.
CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

The first thing that comes to mind is that it looks a lot like that feeble attempt at a cabin window (popup panel style) I created (and withdrew because of bad code) a few threads ago.

I wish! I've been waiting for you to update that code :rolleyes: so I could have a window frame in my wing views. But no, I don't have any such thing going on right now. Just default views in the default 738 at the default KATL.

Well, once again.....Neener, Neener! Mine is bigger than yours! :rolleyes: Must be those little "Blue Pills!" Cold and dark and no rain!

Ha! No little blue pills here, just my hot pink Merkin. Hurts a little, too...

I went from a hdd to a SDD+HDD situation. had to uninstall a lot for that and then had some trouble reinstalling things. Also a lot of new software to get used to, plus new file locations.

A lot of small projects went to the back-burner. It could be a while, I'm still getting acclimatised to the new system. Also suddenly with the new FreeMesh there is a lot to discover in FSX, so I'm getting a lot of flying in. Many area's got a lot more interesting.

Some day...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It happened to me to, at default KATL. A circle on the buildings. But, only if the sun is in front of you (looking in to the sun). With the sun behind me, or when looking at the runway instead of the buidings (same direction of view, into the sun) nothing.

Was at dusk when looking west, at dawn when looking east.

All default. I don't have dreamteam airports at all.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't see it on buidings at nearby airports. So... It may be caused be the textures of that particular buiding, seems a logical conclusion?

Try using an addon for KATL and see if it's still there.

At least I finally found the fabeled city of atlanta.

"Oh mister Fry, you do go on!"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived