Old VC showing up.

ColR1948

You'll need to copy and paste the VC sections from your original panel.cfg file into the new one to get the gauges to show in the VC.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Ah done it!

I found a thread where a guy told me/us how to remove the VC, I did it with a HEX editor.

You need to find the string 00 22 00 39 00 but go to the second entry of that string and change the 39 to 38.

To put the VC back change it back to 39, it worked any way and that is what I wanted.

It does indeed work but you need to be cautious, careful and patient as it varies in different aircraft.

For most it is either the second or third 0022003900 string in the file. Changing the wrong one will affect other things, such as shadows.

Changing the right one frequently disables the landing lights too, it is better to change to 38 and not 00 as that should retain them.

John

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

Yes as my old friend John above says be careful and/or make a back up copy first just in case, I did.

In the instructions I read it did indeed say ignore the first entry but change the second and IF you happen to change any others then as john says strange things can happen and things won't work, in my case it did work OK.

Archived