How to make FSX Look Extreemly Real

ShadowAlw

Hello I have seen videos like this: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lRlLXCkjCGE

But I still have been looking up on how to make it that real also I have been searching for over a year. My buget is 500$ to make it real also I have a pc that could handle anything pretty Mutch so please share on how to make it as real as the video above if you need me to explain more just reply saying that and I will.

Thanks,

ShadowAlw

Hi, the addons this guy is using are mentioned in the show notes. Get those and you are as close as can be to what he does. For some of them there are superior products already.

But this video is heavily edited I think. The passing cloud fragments and raindrops are IMO not FSX but post processed - in fact, the whole window is - and only he knows what else. Just look how the wing root moves independently of the window frame. Or the cloud fragments that obscure the engine - which is only a couple of inches away from you. This is either a 2D overlay in the sim or post processing with video software.

Good looking video, yes. Realistic? Not to me.

Hi there nutikati is there any way you know of making FSX look real any videos you have seen an how can i make it real i found out how to do the window by the way its really easy.

But i f it is possible could you try to help me out on how to get the best of the best software for realism i got some today but they don't help out all that much.

Thanks,

ShadowAlw

That video, like most uploads, is highly edited. It has nothing to do with FSX. FSX is a flight simulator, not a video simulator. Anyone looking for "stunning" video should probably just download and re-edit existing video sources and forget about FSX altogether.

Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

Hey ShadowAlw, here's a shot of how good default FSX looks straight out of the box with NO addon scenery or weather of any kind.

Beats me why some people think they have to buy truckloads of addon stuff.

Maybe you just need to tweak the games graphics settings to get it looking as good as this..:)

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/sub2/FSX-storchA_zpscab49c19.jpg~original

Just ot of interest a question. i have seen quite a few people come by here now that wanted to create beautifull video's and that weren't really that much interested in flying FSX.

I don't want to criticise that. To each his own. But it does make me wonder.

What is the appeal in that for you?

I assume you want to upload hth e result to youtube or someting, so others ca view it and comment.

But why?

(I don't do anything on youtube myself.)

Is it about getting 'likes' or something?

Or is there something else to that?

And if it's likes, what does that do? Does it mean your 'status' on youtube/facebook gets higher or something?

Just being curious,

il88pp.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

+1
Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

Hey ShadowAlw, here's a shot of how good default FSX looks straight out of the box with NO addon scenery or weather of any kind.

Beats me why some people think they have to buy truckloads of addon stuff.

Maybe you just need to tweak the games graphics settings to get it looking as good as this..:)

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/sub2/FSX-storchA_zpscab49c19.jpg~original

And it shows. Sorry mate, but I have tons of addons, and my scenery, airports, weather, texture quality, terrain detail is far, far superior to the default and the view which you have posted.

Its a great video but edited as some folks have claimed.

I do not know what plane addon this is but the underlying scenery sure looks like Orbx ENG. Clouds and Weather not sure either.

Pesonally I am having fantastic success with Orbx, UTX, REX combo with lots of GA payware aircraft.

The MOST important thing you can do to make things `real` is to take a trial flight in a real GA plane. You will then develop an understanding that air is a fluid medium and that what you see in that video is neither real nor realistic.

I'd advise spending that money well before asking most here about software.

Hi there nutikati is there any way you know of making FSX look real any videos you have seen an how can i make it real i found out how to do the window by the way its really easy.

But i f it is possible could you try to help me out on how to get the best of the best software for realism i got some today but they don't help out all that much.

Thanks,

ShadowAlw

What is it that you want to do? Fly FSX in as real an environment as possible? Or make videos of FSX looking "real"?

To make FSX "look real":

- ActiveSkyNext

- REX4Textures

- REX SoftClouds

- Either a photo real scenery or an ORBX package or Ultimate Terrain or FTX Global/Vector of the region you want to fly in. Where would that be?

- A good payware version of the airport(s) you want to fly to/from

- Ultimate Traffic 2 for AI traffic on the airport

- A good looking payware plane. In case of this particular video it is the CaptainSim 727.

- Maybe PrecipitFX for extra effects

- EZDOK camera for dynamic head shake effects and camera positioning

- For extra kicks either Mogwaisoft Shade or ENB series

To make videos look real:

- Check out what is available for your video editing software in terms of post processing effects and filters. Which software are you using?

If you like to fly high, try photoreal. Low like under 2000'AGL, try ORBX. Either way maybe some REX clouds. Remember this is computer generated, this isn't from a GoPro camera! If it looks lie it is, someone is spending most of their time editing and not flying.
Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

What is it that you want to do? Fly FSX in as real an environment as possible? Or make videos of FSX looking "real"?

To make FSX "look real":

- ActiveSkyNext

- REX4Textures

- REX SoftClouds

- Either a photo real scenery or an ORBX package or Ultimate Terrain or FTX Global/Vector of the region you want to fly in. Where would that be?

- A good payware version of the airport(s) you want to fly to/from

- Ultimate Traffic 2 for AI traffic on the airport

- A good looking payware plane. In case of this particular video it is the CaptainSim 727.

- Maybe PrecipitFX for extra effects

- EZDOK camera for dynamic head shake effects and camera positioning

- For extra kicks either Mogwaisoft Shade or ENB series

To make videos look real:

- Check out what is available for your video editing software in terms of post processing effects and filters. Which software are you using?

nuikati's suggestions are the way I would go (and have for the most part).

Rupert's idea for photoreal scenery is great for high-altitude (tube-liners) flights. And photoreal scenery is the most accurate representation of the real world - I can pick out my house when I fly in my area.

Be aware though, generally the more (complex and high-resolution) addons, the higher the performing computer (i.e. high CPU gHz and related system components) you will need in order to achieve smooth graphics. Could you just load a whole bunch of great-looking addons to any old computer that can run FSX? Sure but, if that CPU is slow, it will probably look like a slideshow (if you're lucky) and you will not be happy (at all).

In other words, if you really want your FSX experience (flying - not youtube videos) to come close to what is in that video, you might have to spend a decent amount of money. On the right computer parts and the addons.

If you noticed, the video's point-of-view never changed. Obviously the person probably didn't fly the plane from that position. There were no cockpit views, no view-panning, etc. Just that static little window with all those pretty effects, which not all were from FSX. I personally would be more impressed with the same kind of video with equal smoothness shot from the cockpit's (pilot's) point of view with head movement/panning/looking out multiple windows and at instruments.

Box-stock FSX isn't all that bad looking. But, once you get a look at all the eye-candy that's out there... We can all understand why you want FSX to be truly "As Real As It Gets." Take a look in the screenshots forum - there are some excellent examples of what is out there.

Now, my intention isn't to ruin your enthusiasm... Just maybe to try to give you some understanding of what your expectations may require. It's a slippery slope to FSX nirvana!

Good luck!

E-Buzz :pilot:

i5 4690k @ 4.7gHz (Water-cooled), 8GB ram, GTX 960 2GB, 850 EVO 1 TB SSD, 50" LED TV + 2x27" monitors, Thrustmaster HOTAS, Win 8.1 Pro, P3DV4, TrackIR, EZDOK, a bunch of Orbx stuff, a chair, a hacked-up desk, and a cold drink.

nuikati's suggestions are the way I would go (and have for the most part).

Rupert's idea for photoreal scenery is great for high-altitude (tube-liners) flights. And photoreal scenery is the most accurate representation of the real world - I can pick out my house when I fly in my area.

Be aware though, generally the more (complex and high-resolution) addons, the higher the performing computer (i.e. high CPU gHz and related system components) you will need in order to achieve smooth graphics. Could you just load a whole bunch of great-looking addons to any old computer that can run FSX? Sure but, if that CPU is slow, it will probably look like a slideshow (if you're lucky) and you will not be happy (at all).

In other words, if you really want your FSX experience (flying - not youtube videos) to come close to what is in that video, you might have to spend a decent amount of money. On the right computer parts and the addons.

If you noticed, the video's point-of-view never changed. Obviously the person probably didn't fly the plane from that position. There were no cockpit views, no view-panning, etc. Just that static little window with all those pretty effects, which not all were from FSX. I personally would be more impressed with the same kind of video with equal smoothness shot from the cockpit's (pilot's) point of view with head movement/panning/looking out multiple windows and at instruments.

Box-stock FSX isn't all that bad looking. But, once you get a look at all the eye-candy that's out there... We can all understand why you want FSX to be truly "As Real As It Gets." Take a look in the screenshots forum - there are some excellent examples of what is out there.

Now, my intention isn't to ruin your enthusiasm... Just maybe to try to give you some understanding of what your expectations may require. It's a slippery slope to FSX nirvana!

Good luck!

E-Buzz :pilot:

Great comment! However, I think the biggest reason people are disappointed with FSX is they don't realize FSX was designed assuming that everyone would have a single core CPU that would get faster every year.

The opposite is now true. CPU strength is measured on how many cores it can access, not how fast its' clock is. Also, "gaming computers" now sold are putting most of their bucks into the GPU unit. An eight GB ultra high speed GPU will be of little or no value to the FSX flyer who needs CPU speed! REMINDER!! FSX IS NOT A GAME ON THE RADAR OF GAMING COMPUTER MANUFACTURERS TODAY!

As we say in Kentucky, "Horses for Courses!" If you really like the bang bang, shoot em up games, go for a great GPU! (Video Card) However, if you want the best FSX experience, buy the fastest CPU card you can find! And yes, since "Acceleration," up to 8GB of ram helps. But the bottom line for FSX is HOW FAST IS YOUR CPU?

..I have tons of addons, and my scenery, airports, weather, texture quality, terrain detail is far, far superior to the default and the view which you have posted.

It looks alright to me (below), and even better at fullscreen..:)

My point is that newcomers to FSX shouldn't think they have to rush out to buy every addon in sight to make it look good. I mean, if you start dating a nice-looking woman you wouldn't dream of rushing out to buy her a 'Naughty Nursie' or 'Wonder Woman' outfit to wear straight away..:)

Good news guys today is my big day I am going to real flight school.😃 Can't wait once done witch will be a long time I will be joining DELTA AIRLINES.

That's Great News!! The best of luck to you! I know I truly enjoyed the years I flew.

Archived