FSX Steam Startup warnings

Lord_Nibbo

Every time I load up FSX Steam edition I get these two warning, one about "Do I want to run Couati" which is the addon manager that FSDreamteam software uses for programs like GSX or any of their airports. The other warning is the Saitek plugin an asking if I want to run the "SaiFlightSimX.exe" program that I need to run to use my Saitek Instrument paanels.

1.jpg

2.jpg

So what do I need to do to stop these warnings?

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1. 16.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3. Graphics 2x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 .... 4 X DELL 1920 x 1080 res screens. 1 TByte SSD + 2TByte internal SATA drive +8 TByte External Western Digital Hard Drives (SATA) Backups

After this warning has been acknowledged with "Yes" there is a sceond window asking if you want to add this program to the "trusted" section, which also needs to be answered with "Yes". Then you will not be asked again.

There is no second window, clicking the "Yes" it goes straight into loading the said programs.
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1. 16.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3. Graphics 2x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 .... 4 X DELL 1920 x 1080 res screens. 1 TByte SSD + 2TByte internal SATA drive +8 TByte External Western Digital Hard Drives (SATA) Backups

Try cleaning out/erasing the "Trusted" section in your fsx.cfg (check if those two programs are already mentioned there - but clean it anyway).

If you didn't tweak stuff, you can also delete the whole fsx.cfg file (make a backup) and let the sim build a new one.

After that it should be back to two questions, both need to be answered with "yes".

In my opinion this has got nothing to do with trusted programs, but has something to do with manual load.

Check the entries in "exe.xml" for the two addons you mention.

I think they may be set with

True

If they are, try changing that to

False

And see if that doesn't cure your issue. The addons should now load without confirmation.

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Will the Couati and Saitek things improve FSX?

We all hate unwanted progs trying to muscle in, but maybe it won't do any harm to install these two regardless?

Don't understand this question.

Couatl is the core engine of GSX. If you want GSX to work, you need to install it.

The Saitek panels need their driver too - or SPAD as an alternative. One of the two needs to be running if you want the panels to work.

Go to the FSDT Forums, and DL the latest version of Couatl. They had to make a few changes to get it to work with Steam, for whatever reasons. There's probably 6-10 threads about it. Look for the Couatl threads in the General forum. I also believe it's in the Download section of the site also.

Also make certain you have the latest version of GSX, vLSO, AICarriers.NET (not .exe. use the .NET version for Steam) and whatever else you may have had installed in the box version of FSX before Steam appeared, if anything.

Additionally, make a copy of your EXE.XML BEFORE you install the new Couatl, so you can add back in any

sections from it that are now missing after you put in the newer Couatl.

EXE.XML is a Notepad editable text file, so once you've saved off the old one, you can simply cut-n-paste the missing section back into the new one, if necessary. It is located where the FSX.CFG file is. Remember, the folder it's in is frequently a Hidden folder,, so make sure you have Show Hidden Files and Folders clicked, and do the search as Administrator.

Any further questions about Couatl, just make a thread in the General forum and Virtuali will be pleased to answer them.

I am not absolutely certain about the Saitek stuff, as I don't use on, but I seem to recall hearing that it's config files are redundant and unecessary, and often interfere with how the Saitek controllers work in FSX, especially if you have the payware version of FSUIPC.DLL installed. I may well be mistaken about this, and I'm sure Mr. Bean will be along shortly to point this out :D

Hope all this helps out a teensy bit!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Thank you Penz, your suggestions worked :) thank you too for all the other suggestions.

One happy bunny here... :)

• 1 year later...
In my opinion this has got nothing to do with trusted programs, but has something to do with manual load.

Check the entries in "exe.xml" for the two addons you mention.

I think they may be set with

True

If they are, try changing that to

False

And see if that doesn't cure your issue. The addons should now load without confirmation.

I have been experiencing the same problem with the SimFlightSimX. I changed the exe.xml and changes to 'FALSE' from 'TRUE' as you suggested. That worked and I do not get the message anymore.

My question is, does that affect anything with FSX-SE? I do use the Saitek panels.

Archived