Dialog box Airline call sign ?

Kdierken

How do you go about in the section where you put in your flt#, it is not putting in American? It does it on all other American so when ATC can call out American flt#XWZ? I have never come upon this before, the AAL is a complete A/C as it is a Skyspirit one with all the goodies. See zip file skyspirit2010_boeing_767-300er_american_n397an.zip & screenshot. Also like many other A/C as I read the stuff, they say it has flexing wings, I have never had flexing wings before & I follow the readme file. Thanks Kenny

Call Sign.jpg

So if you do the drop-down in the red circle, it doesn't give the option for American?

For the heck of it, in your aircraft.cfg try this change:

[General]

performance=Passengers\n3-class conf: 218\n2-class conf: 269 \n\nCargo\nLD-2 containers aft \nTotal lower hold volume: 3,770 cu ft \n\nDimensions\nSpan 156 ft 1 in\nLength 180 ft 3 in\nHeight 52 ft \n\nEngines: GE CF6-80C2\nTO Thrust Rating: 60,800 lb\n\nMax Fuel Cap.: 24,140 gal\nMaxTOW: 409,000 lb\nMax ZFW: 295,000 lb\n\nTypical Cruise Speed \n @ FL350: M.80

atc_type=BOEING Change BOEING to AMERICAN

atc_model=B763

editable=0

It's an easy test to try!

As far as wingflex goes, you may only notice it at the wingtips while flying at altitude. Don't expect it to look like a bird flapping it's wings.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Thanks Mrzippy, I did the change per your response and it still is nothing there, it is the same as the red circle. In the past when I did a completed A/C no matter who the designers was it always showed up in the Airline call sign area. especially with Spirit Sky A/C. I find this a little strange. will continue whoever responds. Thanks Kenny

Here's a sample aircraft.cfg extract that defines identification:

[fltsim.0]

title=Project Opensky - CRJ-200ER Northwest Jet Airlink

sim=CRJ-200ER

model=

panel=

sound=

texture=

atc_heavy=0

atc_airline=NORTHWEST

atc_flight_number=01

atc_parking_types=GATE

atc_parking_codes=NWAX

ui_manufacturer=Project Opensky

ui_type=CRJ-200ER

ui_variation=Northwest Jet Airlink

visual_damage=1

description=Project Opensky \nBombardier Canadair Regional Jet -- CRJ-200ER\nVersion 2004.8.2\n\nFS2004 Only\n\nEngine Type: General Electric CF34-3B1\n\nModel Designer\n Mitsushi Yutaka\n\nFlight Dynamics Designer\n Warren C. Daniel\n\nTexture Designer\n Thomas Stillner\n\nTechnical Resource\n Nick Peterson\n Simon Ng\n\nTest Pilots\n Project Opensky Members

[General]

atc_type=BOMBARDIER

atc_model=CARJ

performance=Passengers: 50\nCrew: 2+1 \n\nTotal Baggage Volume: 473 cu ft \n\nDimensions:\nSpan 69 ft 7 in\nLength 87 ft 10 in\nHeight 20 ft 5in \n\nEngines: GE CF34-3B1 x 2\nTO Thrust Rating: 9,220 lb\n\nMax Fuel Cap.: 14,305 lb\nMaxTOW: 51,000 lb\nZFW: 44,000 lb\n\nTypical Cruise Speed @ FL350: \nM.74 - Normal Cruise\nM.81 - High Speed Cruise\nRange: 1,645 nm

editable=0

I'm not sure if editable should be 1 instead of zero to allow changes so you get that dropdown.

Anyway keep the ATC type as Boeing and add if not there the atc airline line as American.

Remember you can add more [flightsim.n] sections to give more choices in the aircraft selection for the same model such as different airlines. Typically this also connects to different paint textures so the paint matches the airline you select.

KMSP - Minnesota: Land of 10,000 Puddles

Support Team

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Here is the [fltsim.0] from his download. It looks OK except for model=GE the model folder is not labeled model.GE so it needed to be changed or the model= should be blank.

[fltsim.0]

title=SkySpirit 2010 Boeing 767-300/ER AMERICAN AIRLINES

sim=767-300ER

model=GE

panel=

sound=

texture=AAL

checklists=

atc_airline=AMERICAN

atc_id=N397AN

atc_flight_number=98

atc_heavy=1

atc_parking_types=GATE, RAMP

atc_parking_codes=AAL

ui_manufacturer=Boeing

ui_type=767-300ER

ui_variation=American Airlines

visual_damage=1

description=Project Opensky - Boeing 767-300ER V5

It showed fine in my Sim. American in the Airline Box. (Doesn't mean much!) Are you using EditVoicepack?

Wingflex has a simple if long explanation. When the plane is not moving, all the weight is on the wheels and the wings we will define as "straight". As the plane accelerates down the runway, increasing speed gives increasing lift (ie, a carefully distributed upward force over the whole wing area) and the wings therefore start to flex upwards. At the point of takeoff, the wings now take all the weight and you will get maximum "normal" upward flex of the wings. From this point on throughout the whole flight, the flex will stay "roughly" the same because the load on them (99.99% of which is the aircraft weight - obviously constant except for the very slowly decreasing fuel load) remains "roughly" the same. As Zip said, in most airliners this is not very large and will be most noticeable at the tips.

A few things will give you a temporary change in flex. If you go through turbulence that results in vertical movement, this might give you some extra flexing, depending on the model. If you do a tight turn with a high aileron deflection, you might notice a change in the flex: the wing that points downwards will flex upwards a little less, and the wing that points upwards will flex upwards a little more. A fabulous if slightly exotic example of Newton's third law. If you apply airbrakes/spoilers, that decreases the lift and therefore the flex.

When you land, at the point of touchdown, you may get a downward "bounce" and then "rebound" of the wings, depending of course on the quality of your landing :D (Newton's second law).

As you brake or otherwise slow down, the weight comes onto the wheels and therefore off the wings and they go back to their "flat" position.

If you have got this far, I hope that has helped.

Steve from Murwilllumbah.

Thanks for all the responses. To answer MrZippy, you said your B767 AA is working right. I did a re-install just to see it that was a bad download, it still is not right. I made all the corrections & still is not correct. I have downloaded many A/C full completed between SkySpirit & the old Open Sky with no problems before with this area, I do not use Edit voice pack.

As for Old wombat, I have seen videos with the flexing wings as they are descending not much flexing but I can see it, and touchdown on the runway I see it slightly as aluminum bounces slightly. Most of my cockpits have great wing views showing passenger seat view looking at the winglet, I try catching a glance at the tips right after the wheels touchdown as the flexing is pretty realistic looking. Still don't see it even slightly in any A/C that has it available. Just curious. Kenny

Just to be sure, the airplane shows alright with the American Airlines livery, flies alright, but it won't let you put in the airline call sign? Is that it in a nutshell? Have you downloaded any other aircraft with the American Airlines livery and have the Airline call sign be correct?

Have you checked your airline.cfg as mentioned in post #6? It should contain a list of all airline names that you can use. Make sure American is in there. If it's not there just add it.

His airline.txt file is messed up.

Do you mean airlines.cfg under the Aircraft folder? I don't have an airlines.txt file anywhere within FS9.

KMSP - Minnesota: Land of 10,000 Puddles

Support Team

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Do you mean airlines.cfg under the Aircraft folder? I don't have an airlines.txt file anywhere within FS9.

Thanks for clearing that up! Wasn't sure if it was .cfg or .txt Don't know how different FS9 was to FSX in that category and not sure of it's placement.

Sorry about all this confusion. To answer your question, my airline list is missing it took to my most recently download to notice the airlines call sign is missing. I don't know how it disappeared. Where can I get the list & where does it belong? Do I just go thru all my airlines or? Thanks Kenny

Sorry once again, when I looked for the airline in two different places I could not find it. I looked on one of my personal backup discs and found it, so I put it in the aircraft folder now all is well. That was a surprise that globe warming or aliens made it disappear never noticed it, as I mainly fly tubers not in less it just happened yesterday or before. Again thanks it worth backing up certain things. Kenny

Archived