Ksjc

MBKHOU

I guess the title tells most of the story.. This was a wild approach here..

They routed me into the airport way high, and I had to dive for the ILS,

which I normally consider to be silly behavior. :mad:

But being an artificial Southwest cowbuoy, I'll do what they tell me to. :p

I pulled off the hawt approach, and never used the spoilers. And had to add

throttle at the end to avoid premature arrival.

BTW, the F/O is starting to complain about me wearing my spurs on the flight deck. :rolleyes:

As usual with all my FS flicks, they look best at 720p full screen, which often means you

have to click "watch on u-toob".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JHUo1cuGA0&feature=youtu.be

Wow! Tough approach! Better thee than ME!

Tell me, do the spurs help your heels roll along the floor more easily when using the rudder pedals? Just wondering :p Seems to me, if you got the same bird too often, you'd wear a pair of grooves along the floor eventually. Hard on carpet!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Well, that looked 'normal' to me. If you are just north of downtown San Jose the Big Iron planes appear to go between those high buildings and wonder why they are flying so low and so close to the tall buildings. On south border of airport there is an empty lot you can park and watch them fly over you REALLY close. Spot-er heaven.

You click on cog wheel/gear and choose res. No need to go toob to watch full scree. Icon on bottom right will do it. And if you pause the video (after 10 sec's) it will load AHEAD and you'll have less pauses. See pics.

Nice video by the way.

Chuck B

Napamule

YouTube_Setting Res.jpg

YouTube_Full Screen.jpg

YouTube_Fause ot Load.jpg

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Dunno.. all of the videos I post don't give the option of going 720p and going

to full screen while not going to u-toob. Maybe it's my browser settings or sumtin..

Using Firefox, and normally have no issues.

For instance, if I drop down to my video on this page, the only options that are

showing are the little clock that says watch later as me on u-toob, and the one

in the lower right corner that says "watch on u-toob". I see no res button, and no

full screen button as you would on u-toob.

I'd like to have it where you could select 720p and go full screen while staying on

this page.

Seems like some of my videos might have shown the res button, but would not

let me go to full screen. I'd have to go back and check them..

So far, the only way I've been able to go HD and full screen is to "watch on u-toob".

Don't really have any issue with pauses, even with 1080p.. My ISP speed seems

fast enough to keep up with it even though I'm on their slower speed service.

I d/l em faster than I can watch em.

Wow! Tough approach! Better thee than ME!

Tell me, do the spurs help your heels roll along the floor more easily when using the rudder pedals? Just wondering :p Seems to me, if you got the same bird too often, you'd wear a pair of grooves along the floor eventually. Hard on carpet!

Pat☺

Yep, hard on the floor, and the plane gets irritated when I dig the spurs in

after clicking TOGA.. ;)

The F/O has started calling me Festus, and told me if I didn't straighten up

and fly right, he was going to sic Miss Kitty on me. :p

Nice video. I went to San Jose State and my dorm room faced west. Showing my age, I always enjoyed watching the TWA 707 fly by every evening, having flown all the way from SFO! Yes, airline economics have changed in the last forty years.

You seem to have flown a pretty real 'real world' approach. Things get rushed sometimes but by the time you needed to get stabilized for the final approach, you seemed to have everything under control. Remember, if you are too fast to put out more flaps when you wish, you can usually drop the gear a little early to lose speed. Again, I enjoyed the video.

MB,

That cog wheel (Settings) only pops up after you click '>' (play). Try it on your own video (up top) and you'll see.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

It will do that, and it will let me select 720p, but when I click the full screen

button, it never works. You can see that the button is being clicked, but no

change to full screen when you do.

Or here anyway..

Archived